Hi, I am a newcomer to the site. I looked through several threads and thought ... RIM Desktop Software forum

uk25596 no está en línea Stack level 1

trying to find "BlackBerry 8100.msi."

Advertisement

Hi, I am a newcomer to the site. I looked through several threads and thought the solutions that were proposed would help, but to no avail.

Help, please.

I tried to connect my BB to Desktop Manager the other day but it failed.I have since deleted the BB Desktop Manager and all registry files etc etc as per the link posted on here by CP6169. I have since tried to download (god takes ages) DM 4.2 but each time it says it is trying to find "BlackBerry 8100.msi."

So not daunted I have uninstalled everything again and tried to load again but with no luck – help help !! Please.

It takes ages to download the file only to find it doesn’t work.
    Is there a quick fix?

Can I download just the "BlackBerry 8100.msi." separate so I can “point” the desktop manager to it?[/FONT]

Really desperate without the Desktop Manager as can’t back phone up or anything pretty useless without it.

PS - I am running Windows XP.
    Last edited by uk25596; 11-26-2007 at 01:38 PM.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: trying to find "BlackBerry 8100.msi."

I would suggest reading this and see if it might offer any help to your problem
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ew_dm_4_a.html
    and a few talked about this in this thread http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...eleased-3.html

Hope that helps
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

Thanks no i had already checked these otu i have tried everythign i am sure i am missing something very very simple - life can be like that, but i am at my wits end.

Well I have cracked it - well so far.

I now have Desktop Manager back on my PC - only problem now is it won't connect to my Phone - HELP AGAIN.

I can trasnfer files over usign the Media Manager but can't synchro or anything - IDEAS PLEASE GUYS.

I cured the .msi problem, by

a) Deleting the programme from add/remove programs

b) Going to the registry - ignore the advise what to delete. Do a search on "Blackberry" delete everythign referrign to BlackBerry then do another search for everythign referrign to "Research In Motion" delete all these too

c) re-install the program.
    I hope this helps

DOES ANYONE HAVE THE ANSWER WHY THE DTM won't connect to my phone - i am now downloading DTM 4.2.2 not sure it wise by hey ho

guruleenyc no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have the same issue which I believe is from using the Asia 8820 4.5.x build before AT&T came out with it. Now I am on a Bold with DM 4.7.

Instead of going through a FULL manual uninstall, I will try and reference the original Asian 8820 OS MSI file....