I just got a Cingular Pearl today and was told to uninstall v4.1 and install ... RIM Desktop Software forum

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4

Trouble installing Desktop Software v4.2?

Advertisement

I just got a Cingular Pearl today and was told to uninstall v4.1 and install v4.2 for the Pearl. I put the disk in and all I get is a blank grey screen that says BlackBerry User Tools. Nothing seems to load. I did not have a problem when I loaded v4.1 for my 7130c. I also tried to load it from the BlackBerry website and I get a message that says I need to run windows 2000, windows xp or windows 2003 server or later. I am running windows ME. I called data support and they said ME is not capatible with v4.2. That sucks!!!

On another forum, someone mentioned that I could use v4.1 with my Pearl, but I would not have Media Manager and Switch Wizard. I just need to backup and restore.

It says device not found after I click detect connection. I get this error message on my device:

USB charging current is not sufficient. Verify that your handheld is connected to a powered USB charging source and that the proper USB driver is installed.

Everything is hooked up. I never had problems when I did this with my 7130c. HELP!!!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: Trouble installing Desktop Software v4.2?

I think you may be stuck using 4.1 till you are able to obtain something newer than WinME? Sorry to hear of your delima.

Any chance you can move to Winxp or even W2k?

MickPick no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E890D7

I also am having problems with my pearl. It is displaying a "507" error. RIM said to wait until the firmware is available to download and load it using the applications loader, anyone know where I can get this firmware for my CW pearl? TY in advance! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

noname no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey walds11 and guys,

BlackBerry Pearl definitely requires BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.2 as its handheld code is 4.2. BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.2 is supported with Microsoft® Windows® 2000 or Microsoft Windows XP®.

Source: KB05433 What Is - Differences between BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.1 and BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.2
    noname
    ------------------------------------------------
    Always On, But Not Always Connected
    Practise limited use of this great tech as it can be addictive + no life...

PIN/ID
    23E890D7

Well so far i have downloaded and installed the DM, works fine... However, the OS for the pearl i have downloaded one from TM's website. downloaded and double clicked on the self extracting file. It runs a program...

From what i have read on other threads i need to load the OS in the application manager. However i am unsure of what files i need to load in the application manager.

can anyone help?

Thanks. Guess I am stuck for now. I'll have to try and download it work or at a friend's house. Load of crap that 4.2 is not supported with ME. I wonder if it will eventually be supported. In my Cingular Getting started guide, it does say ME.

Quote Originally Posted by noname
    Hey walds11 and guys,

BlackBerry Pearl definitely requires BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.2 as its handheld code is 4.2. BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.2 is supported with Microsoft® Windows® 2000 or Microsoft Windows XP®.

Source: KB05433 What Is - Differences between BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.1 and BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.2

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by MickPick
    Well so far i have downloaded and installed the DM, works fine... However, the OS for the pearl i have downloaded one from TM's website. downloaded and double clicked on the self extracting file. It runs a program...

From what i have read on other threads i need to load the OS in the application manager. However i am unsure of what files i need to load in the application manager.

can anyone help?
    You run the self extracting file and it installs the OS onto your computer.

Next you start DM and connect the your BB to the PC with the supplied USB cable.

Once connection is established it will prompt you to update, given that the OS just installed is newer than the one on your BB.

PIN/ID
    23E890D7

thats what i have done, it doesnt prompt me to update my BB... you are aware that i am "stuck" at the 507 error screen...

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

MickPick,

Try the procedure listed in this thread, How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't recognize The Device Is Connected

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    23E890D7

ok i got it, i just needed to delete that vendor.xml file and reboot my CPU... i am fully up and running on the BES and BIS, browser, everything, just learning the device now... i am happier than a pig in poo!

Any takers on my issues?