Hi everyone! I'm new to BB and new to this forum, so please, don't get ... RIM Desktop Software forum

SuperCape no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    251b1ddc

Question Transfering e-mails from BB to Desktop

Advertisement

Hi everyone!

I'm new to BB and new to this forum, so please, don't get angry if i'm asking something well known in this community.
    Well, my problem is the following:
    I have a BB 8800, with no internet service (for some reason i can't send emails), but i need to transfer some e-mails from the handheld into my computer. I have bluetooh and of course USB connectivity.
    Is there any workaround or programme that can help?
    PS: I'm a private user, so i can't use BES or similars.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: Transfering e-mails from BB to Desktop

If you are not able to send the emails through your data connection, you cannot transfer them via the DM.

How did you get emails on your BB if you do not have a data plan?
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

PIN/ID
    251b1ddc

Thanks kaleb

I have emails because i borrowed this BB from a friend of mine who bought another one, but i still have to subscribe a black berry data plan with my provider.
    The point is that i can recive emails from his old account (paying a bunch of money), but i can't send it!

PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Ok, I'm a little confused. You're still receiving emails on your BB?

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG

I dont understand that you can receive emails from his old account (that for some reason is still active), but you can not send..... I agree that you do not have a data plan and should not be able to receive either for that matter.... I think that you are referring to the text messeging versus email..... Let me know how this works because I am very elated that this is working for you.....
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

PIN/ID
    251b1ddc

I think i'm more confused than you are.
    For what i know, the emails that i received came from an account that's been suspended (due to unuse?). I actually have a data plan (i can connect to web pages -spending 2€/min), but sending and receiving new emails is impossible.
    Expecially, i can't create new email accounts, nor delete the existing ones: in setup wizard-> email setup, i can just choose between exiting the setup or creating an email account using BES.

Well, i think i better wait untill i get the new SIM card and contract
    Last edited by SuperCape; 02-08-2008 at 05:51 PM.

Bluebell Wood no está en línea Stack level 3

If you are receiving your friends e-mails that means that the device PIN is still registered to his account and before you can get your own data plan working the PIN will have to be released from his account. You can then get the PIN registered to your account.

To stop receiving his e-mails for now you could maybe wipe the device or delete the service books.

you will lose all your data if you wipe the device (it returns to factory settings) and also your internet access. Internet acess will return when you get your data plan up and running.
    Last edited by Bluebell Wood; 02-08-2008 at 06:32 PM.

PIN/ID
    251b1ddc

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebell Wood View Post
    If you are receiving your friends e-mails that means that the device PIN is still registered to his account and before you can get your own data plan working the PIN will have to be released from his account. You can then get the PIN registered to your account.

To stop receiving his e-mails for now you could maybe wipe the device or delete the service books.

you will lose all your data if you wipe the device (it returns to factory settings) and also your internet access. Internet acess will return when you get your data plan up and running.
    ok i'm starting to understand. But still i have a lot of questions and dubts so, isn't there a technical guide that explains how everything is supposed to work? All the guides and tutorials that i've found are just an explanation of menues and functionality which i don't need.

PS: Can i send/receive pin messages?

PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Go up to the top of this screen and click on "Guides" and you will find all the help you need. My PIN is in my profile so if you need to test the PIN, feel free to send me one. If you can connect to the internet and you are receiving other messages, I'm sure you are able to do PIN messaging. Like Bluebell said, it sounds like your PIN is still registered to the previous user.