Hi all, Absolutely pulling my hair out here guys and need some serious help. I ... RIM Desktop Software forum

BenEadir no está en línea Stack level 2

Task reminder times have a mind of their own

Advertisement

Hi all,

Absolutely pulling my hair out here guys and need some serious help.

I spent an hour getting all my tasks in Outlook set up correctly. Basically all tasks have a due date, no start date and an alarm time on the due date. I set up the Tasks configuration so that it just transfers pending items and where there is a conflict Outlook wins.

In summary all my tasks had due dates with daytime reminders on the due date and start dates set to "none" on all occasions.

After syncing with Desktop Manager the tasks end up with crazy reminder times right across the 24hr clock (2am, 6am, 10am, 10pm etc etc) and all of a sudden there are "Start Dates" absolutely all over the place for most of the tasks going back to what appears to be the date the task was originally set up.

The start date problem is annoying but most annoying is the fact that the alarms are now all wrong which completely defeats the purpose and undermines the whole reason for syncing my tasks to the 8100 Pearl.

Any tips/solutions?

Regards,

John

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

vitamine no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: Task reminder times have a mind of their own

I am definitely having a similar problem.

For example, I just set a task in my BlackBerry with a reminder time of tomorrow at noon, but when I check my outlook it shows the same task set to remind me at 20:00 this evening! I am on BES at my work, and everything else seems to sync fine.

Tasks are the only thing that seem to have this problem. I am grateful if someone could shed some light on this for me.

Re: Task reminder times have a mind of their own

Hi CP6169,

Yes most definetly need help with this.

Regards,

John

Helloooooo, help anyone?

Hi all,

Are there any users in this forum who can help us with this problem? If not can anyone recommend another forum where the users are both knowledgable enough to help and willing enough to help?

This is a serious issue for me and I am very disaapointed with the lack of replies since posting the original thread a week ago. What's the point of a forum if no one engages in trying to solve this sort of problem?

Please please help us.

John

racinrocker no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    24b4c6de

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~dont feel to bad my bb calls people and I don't even know it.