I have just been given a Balackberry 7230.. very happy until I try and load ... RIM Desktop Software forum

Grumble no está en línea Stack level 1

Syntax Error

Advertisement

I have just been given a Balackberry 7230.. very happy until I try and load software, ringtones, walpaper from the desck top on my PC. Version of Desktop is 4.1.1. The message I get is XML syntax error on line 1 . What can I do to fix this . I have the BES vervion on the 7320 ( I think). -- thanks

Also small issue ... my green coverage led does not flash---- checked OPTIONS but no enrty for turning "on/off" ... any ideas --cheers

JjcampNR no está en línea Stack level 3
    There's no BES/BIS version of the OS, it's all the same thing. Are you sure you downloaded the correct version of the OS software? Just asking because your post refers to both the 7230 and the 7320.

I'd also recommend upgrading to a newer version of Desktop Manager, 4.5 and 4.6 are both out, you may as well go to 4.6 if you're going to upgrade. Upgrade the desktop manager and try loading the software again, let us know if that doesn't fix the problem. Also, if you're upgrading with software that's not released by your vendor make sure you delete the vendor.xml file from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    Device: 8100c / Apps: 4.5.0.69 / Platform: 2.7.0.72

Thanks for the advice and I will try as you suggested and come back.... sorry about the typo the Blackberry is the 7230.

I got the device details out
    Version 1.6.90.0
    Apps 3.7.0.36
    Not sure if that means anything. .

On the green coverage LED question Can you tell me why I am missing that entry in the OPTIONS menue ... seem to have all the others but not that one.

Many thanks

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumble View Post
    Thanks for the advice and I will try as you suggested and come back.... sorry about the typo the Blackberry is the 7230.

I got the device details out
    Version 1.6.90.0
    Apps 3.7.0.36
    Not sure if that means anything. .

On the green coverage LED question Can you tell me why I am missing that entry in the OPTIONS menue ... seem to have all the others but not that one.

Many thanks
    Don't remember the sequence on the 7230, but that setting would be found in Options>Screen/Keyboard or something similar.

Thanks RoGro I have looked where you indicated "OPTIONS' but it is not there. Under OPTIONS I can change a number of things like font size etc but where the manual says I should see " coverage led on/off" I do not have that. I was wondering if there is a way to hide it ... being hard of hearing the Led flashing would be conforting to knowI was in a coverage area. Thanks for helping

Ascendo no está en línea Developer
    There can be several reasons for this. One of them is trying to load a file that doesn't have an ALX file extension with the BB Desktop Manager.

Marc
    ascendo-inc.com

Thanks.... I have noticed this, I admit I am new to this so a little confusing. . When I down load I get a .JAG file or some other. I have yet to find a way of changing this. When I get a ,ALX file I get the syntax error thats why I was wondering what I am doing wrong,,,, it must work for others. Thanks for you help and I will keep trying .
    Last edited by Grumble; 09-05-2008 at 04:56 AM.