This may seem like an anal thing to complain about - I have been editing, ... RIM Desktop Software forum

CountryMud no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249DF3DF

Thumbs down Synchronizing Contacts

Advertisement

This may seem like an anal thing to complain about -

I have been editing, and updating my contacts all through Outlook 07. Obviously since its quicker and easier than doing it through the phone.

However, after synchronizing between Outlook and my phone, theres one small annoyance. Some of my contacts, it lists the phone numbers as (xxx) xxx-xxxx, while others are just xxxxxxxxx. I've tried several different ways to 'edit' a contact to see if it would update as (xxx) xxx-xxxx on the phone, and have only been able to replicate it once. What would cause it to be hit and miss like that?

Like I said - small issue, but I either want ALL of them to be like that, or NONE of them to be like that.

Hope this makes sense to you guys. If not - sorry.

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68
    I've only seen that on numbers I've entered INTO my phone. Outlook formats the numbers properly. If you enter a number on the phone and want this formatting, open up the contact in Outlook, click in the cell with the phone number and put a space at the end of the phone number. You should immediately see the brackets and formating.

I also use Outlook 2007.

PIN/ID
    249DF3DF
    That's what I've done. EVERY contact in Outlook have the proper brackets around the area code, however its hit and miss synchronizing to my phone.

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68
    Are you on a BES? Or BIS?

If you're on BES and have a Wireless reconciliation setup try going into your message, clicking the menu button and select Reconcile Now. Wait a minute or so then go check again.

PIN/ID
    249DF3DF
    Just BIS.