My Outlook runs on Outlook Web Access Exchange. My organization does not have BES. OWA ... RIM Desktop Software forum

sandibhatt no está en línea Stack level 1

How to Sync using Desktop Software when Outlook runs OWA?

Advertisement

My Outlook runs on Outlook Web Access Exchange. My organization does not have BES.

OWA creates .OST files and not .PST files. However, the BB Desktop s/w reads only .OST files. Any ideas on how to make a workaround? I am not very keen to go for wireless sync.

Thanks!!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: How to Sync using Desktop Software when Outlook runs OWA?

sandibhatt, Welcome to PinStack. What Version of Desktop Manager are you using. I don't know anything about OWA, and the OWA desktop Client, so won't be able to help, other than checking the Blackberry TechKnowledge center to see if there is a bulletin on this.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Thanks Rcbjr.

My bad. I should have been more specific. I have desktop manager version 4.1 (SP-1). I am using Outlook to access OWA (at work). I can also access my email, calendar and contacts through any web browser (except BB since the exchange uses frames).

Now when Outlook accesses email and PIM through outlook exchange server, it creates a offline folder (*.OST folder ) instead of a personal folder (*.PST folder). The desktop manager can read only *.PST folders.

So basically, the question boils down to this - "Can the desktop manager be configured to access *.ost folders?".

Thanks again.

Sandipan

tai
    tai no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304E2757

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i also have OWA access to my work email but I just have my work email forwarded to my BB. When I go to work I plug in & update my calendar.

tai
    tai no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304E2757

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i also have OWA access to my work email but I just have my work email forwarded to my BB. When I go to work I plug in & update my calendar. Go to the BB site & just setup your work email to forward to your BB. Hope that helps.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

IIRC Desktop Manager/Intellisync really needs an Outlook profile to sync to. If you're using OWA only then there's no way for Intellisync to sync.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I figured it out, finally!
    I created a new profile for outlook and created a pst on my desktop. Then, I copied my calendar on to that pst file, and linked my desktop manager to it. Now, when I sync it, it reads the OST file. I was apprehensive at first (thinking that maybe I have to copy my calendar to the pst everyday) but since it is connecting to the ost, its perfect. I have now deleted the pst and it still works

Don't ask me how

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Thanks for the Update, That's good to know

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Ugino no está en línea Stack level 1

sandibhatt, one question. how did you manage to do that?, I tried to make another profile and copy my calendar, but I did not work. can you tell me the complete procedure? , does your contacts synchronice aswell?
    Thank you very much.

Ugino no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey sandibhatt, never mind, I just installed the new version of Desktop Manager, and I worked fine... I don´t think it has anything to do with OST or PST, the program can get the information from the (Adress book, Calendar, etc... from a exchange folder).
    Thank you anyways!!!!
    Best Regards,

M-66 no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Ugino, so you're using DM with exchange and outlook to synch your BB? And no BES I assume? How is this working for you?

I'm thinking of going with this configuration. Anyone else doing this right now have any insights to share?