Greetings all, I have a client that has several BB's that they sync their Outlook ... RIM Desktop Software forum

jdewolf no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Sync to MS Exchange Public calendar

Greetings all,

I have a client that has several BB's that they sync their Outlook data to via the Desktop Redirector software. Their POP3 e-mail accounts are polled at regular intervals and new mail is delivered to the BB. Everything has been working well in this configuration.

Now they want to use the collabaration features of Outlook (specifically just calendar sharing). I have setup MS Exchange for them and have the calendar sharing setup. Note: They're using Exchange just for the calendar sharing (email remains POP3 via their ISP). Now they're asking me how to sync their MS Exchange "Public" calendar with their BB.

I've done some preliminary research re this and found references to setting up a new MAPI client on the BB. Can they sync their "normal" Outlook data (ie everything except the "Public" calendar) using their exisiting profile and then do a separate sync to get the "Public" calendar using the new MAPI profile? Is there a better way to accomplish this? Please advise.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    Hello jdewolf, welcome to pinstack.

You can definitely choose to not have Outlook sync their calender, but still sync task, memos and contacts, and then sync the calender with a different program.

All the configurations are inside the desktop manager, usually under configure pim or something similar.