Results 1 to 4 of 4

Hello, I am using DM 4.2 with a non-BES BB pearl and syncing to Outlook ... RIM Desktop Software forum

  1. #1
    phlepper's Avatar
    phlepper no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7

    Sync of Calendar no longer working

    Advertisement



    Hello,

    I am using DM 4.2 with a non-BES BB pearl and syncing to Outlook 2003. It has been working fine for a while but suddenly when syncing, the DM just stops responding. It looked like it was happening with the calendar entries, so I disabled sync of those and the rest (contacts, tasks, memos) sync fine. When syncing the calendar entries, it first reads the BB entries and then the Outlook ones. It stops at 143 of 143 and eventually task manager will say that DM has stopped responding.

    Any ideas? It would appear that it is a problem with my Outlook entries, but I cannot afford to delete them all.

    Thanks for any suggestions...

    phlepper

  2. #2
    ALBerry's Avatar
    ALBerry no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1

    Re: Sync of Calendar no longer working

    Try to delete the research and methods folder.

  3. #3
    phlepper's Avatar
    phlepper no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7

    Re: Sync of Calendar no longer working

    Quote Originally Posted by ALBerry
    Try to delete the research and methods folder.
    Not sure which folders you mean. Are these DM folders or Outlook? I don't see them in the Program Files / R. I. M. folder. Where would I find them?

    Thanks for the quick response!
    phlepper

  4. #4
    phlepper's Avatar
    phlepper no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7

    Re: Sync of Calendar no longer working

    I found a solution to this problem. I ended up only selecting the calendar sync in DM and then instead of the "synchronize" operation, I selected "Import" (to handheld). This went through cleanly. Once this was complete, I restored the setting back to "synchronize" and sync'd again. This also went through cleanly.

    Everything seems to be working correctly now.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •