When I sync my device (7290) with Yahoo! only the City, Province and Postal Code ... RIM Desktop Software forum

webdad no está en línea Stack level 1

Sync Missing Some Address Data

Advertisement

When I sync my device (7290) with Yahoo! only the City, Province and Postal Code are present. The street addresses are missing from my device.

Any ideas?

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Sync Missing Some Address Data

This is Yahoo SBC account? To my knowledge contacts can only sync with SBC Yahoo!

If so...
    To synchronize SBC Yahoo! DSL global address book, calendar, notebook, and tasks with your BlackBerry smartphone, perform the following procedure: Note: If you are using a version of BlackBerry Desktop Software earlier than 4.2 Service Pack 2 (4.2.2), install BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.2.2. Go to your service provider's website to download BlackBerry Desktop Software and to determine if BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.2.2 is available for your BlackBerry smartphone.
    1. In BlackBerry Desktop Software, open the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager.
    2. Under Synchronize > Configure Synch, select Yahoo! as the application.
    3. Click Options and type the Yahoo account information.
    Let us know

webdad no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Sync Missing Some Address Data

I guess the first thing is I'm so glad you decided to follow-up on this. Your attention is greatly appreciated by all BB users.

The second thing is I don't know what the acronym SBC is. This is a Canadian Rogers Yahoo! HiSpeed (broadband cable) account. Included is Rogers Yahoo! (web)Mail, Addresses, Calendar & Notepad. I also have a Rogers cellular account and my phone is the BB 7290.

I have downloaded the BB Desktop Manager version 4.2.2.14[April 26, 2007] as well as the BB device sofware version 7290M_PBrER4.1.0_rel556_PL1.8.0.154_A4.1.0.377, from the Rogers page on the BB site.

I wiped the handheld and installed the Desktop Manager first, then I installed the Device software.

I believe this is a mapping issue and I just need to know what the trick is. So far, I have really only dealt with the Address Book (Contacts) so there may be more issues later on.

I exported the Address Book as ASCII CSV text from both the handheld and Rogers Yahoo! so I could see what the field headings looked like in Excel. Guess what? They're completely different. Like I said, I think I need to know what the mapping trick is or, maybe it is something else?