Hey fellow pinstackers, Has anybody experimented with sync'ing an Outlook Address book, and a Lotus ... RIM Desktop Software forum

dolphinrich no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3048e0cb

Smile Sync Lotus Notes and Outlook Address book to the same Blackberry

Advertisement

Hey fellow pinstackers,

Has anybody experimented with sync'ing an Outlook Address book, and a Lotus Notes Address book to the same Blackberry?

Scenario is this:
    Outlook 2007, is used at home for Personal Address book, and would be sync'd via Desktop Manager.
    Lotus Notes 6.5.1 is used at work, and is sync'd Wirelessly via the BES

My Executive would like to have the contacts sync'ing seamlessly with both, allowing to maintain an updated address book in both locations?

My concern is compatiblity, and this being a supportable nightmare? Concern around duplication on each sync, Address book corruption, mismatched field mappings......

As anybody attempted this, or a variation of this?

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thank you inadvance. Happy Holidays.

Dolphinrich

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Sync Lotus Notes and Outlook Address book to the same Blackberry

I use Lotus Notes at work and Outlook at home. When I first got my BB I tried to do the exact same thing you want to do. My results were horrible. Syncing with Lotus Notes was great, but when I tried to sync with Outlook it messed everything up. I ended up with duplicates, info in the wrong places and calendar dates being off by a day or more. I finally ended up wiping all info from the BB and doing a one way sync from Lotus Notes to override the BB info. I tried it a second time thinking I screwed something up but even being more careful I still ended up with the same results. Reset the BB info again and have not tried since.
    I think it is because Lotus Notes and Outlook have different categories and labels so the info gets messed up or you end up with duplicate entries because of it. If you get it to work let me know, I might retry again if you can show me a way.

dolphinrich no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3048e0cb

Thank you for the feedback. This was very helpful. I will let you know how far I get with this, or what I find out. I'll get some info from RIM as well.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Anytime, that's what we are here for!