I am trying to sync to my Novell GroupWise calendar. It has worked successfully in ... RIM Desktop Software forum
I am trying to sync to my Novell GroupWise calendar. It has worked successfully in the past. However today, I got an error as it was "Processing the Handheld Calendar". It gets to the last record and a pop-up alert displays "Unable to complete request."
In the log file, it shows all the items being read, but the very last lines are as follows:
Internal Error #-728.
My searches for this error code did not show anything (not that I am necessarily the best at searching, and I am a BB newb.)
Anyone else run into this, or have any suggestions?
Re: Sync Error
Welcome to pinstack.
Complete the following to fix:
- Make sure BlackBerry Desktop Manager is closed.
- Locate the Intellisync folder on your computer. This folder can be found at C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\. Note: If the Application Data folder cannot be located, see the "Additional Information" section in this article.
- Rename the Intellisync folder (e.g., Intellisync_old).
- Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
- Connect your BlackBerry device to the computer running BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
- If you are running BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.2 or later, double-click Synchronize, click the Configuration tab, and then click Configure synch. If you are running BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.1 or earlier, double-click Intellisync, and then click Configure PIM.
- Configure your synchronization options. For assistance, click Help on the Device Configuration window.
- When have finished configuring the synchronization options, click OK to close the Device Configuration window.
- If you are running BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.2 or later, click the Synchronize tab, make sure the Synchronize organize data check box is selected, and then click Synchronize now. If you are running BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.1 or earlier, make sure the Synchronize PIM check box is selected, and then click Synchronize now.
A new Intellisync folder is created.
If the Application Data folder cannot be located, the folder may be hidden. To make this folder visible, complete these steps:
- While viewing the folder C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>, click Tools > Folder Options.
- Click on the View tab.
- Select the Show hidden files and folders option under Hidden files and folders.
- Click OK.
Re: Sync Error
Also see error 13 of this thread:
I'm not certain if space may be your problem as the 725 is different but you can double check.
Re: Sync Error
hayden, thanks for the reply
well it turns out it wasnt a BB thing.. grrr apparently someone did a department wide upgrade to our MS Office suite... they remoted into each terminal and updated.
long story short... when they did my system, they tweeked something or another and corrupted my user/log-in profile... various programs were not able to start up because they couldnt access their various resources... of course all this happened after the BB error, so I didnt include it in my original post...
basically had to delete my user/login profile, recreate it and then re-install DM (since I had uninstalled it a few times trying to get this whole thing working)....
just glad it wasnt my error.. haha
Tags for this Thread