Hi, I just got 8300 from ATT and want to sync to my outlook. I ... RIM Desktop Software forum

barbarar no está en línea Stack level 1

SP2 crashes dell--what is best version for BB 8300?

Advertisement

Hi,
    I just got 8300 from ATT and want to sync to my outlook. I have a Dell Inspiron 6400 notebook running XP home.

I downloaded 4.2 SP2 and installed Desktop manager. It couldn't find my BB, though my notebook recognized it. Then I got a blue screen error. I called both Dell & ATT tech supports. No fix....just uninstall and all is fine except I cant sync or backup.

Is there an earlier version that is more stable? Thanks in advance for any help with this problem.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Re: SP2 crashes dell--what is best version for BB 8300?

The CD that came with the phone crashed your computer? I would just try a re-install and see what happens. That sucks.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

barbarar no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: SP2 crashes dell--what is best version for BB 8300?

yes, it does! I first got a Pearl. Used the software they gave me and it took off my browser and did something to the bluetooth. I took it back and they gave me a new one. I synced that one and it did the same thing. Tech support told me to download the new software and when I tried to install, it crashed both the Pearl and the computer.

I went back and got a Curve, but called tech support to make sure I had the correct software and as I was on the phone with them installing, my computer crashed. Luckily everything is freshly backed up and I didn't destrot the Curve. Tech support at Dell suggested I ask about an older version of the software and though both sets of tech support are great, I thought I would try another source to check and that brought me here.

Any ideas on the software I should use?