Just purchased a Blackberry Pearl 8130 and tried running it on Vista with Desktop Manager. ... RIM Desktop Software forum
Solution - Unknown Error Intellisync - no sync
Just purchased a Blackberry Pearl 8130 and tried running it on Vista with Desktop Manager. Whenever I tried to sync or whenever I tried to configure sync, I got the error message "Intellisync - Unknown Error Reported". I spent about 6 hours trying to resolve this. The following solution worked for me. I hope it saves you hours of frustration.
1. Connect Blackberry to computer (assuming you already have Desktop Manager 4.3 installed and it's not working.
2. Remove Internet Access from computer (remove cable or stop wireless)
3. Uninstall your installation of Desktop Manager:
4. Go to Control Panel - System - Device Manager - Hard Drives - remove Blackberry device by right click and remove
5. Remove Blackberry device from computer
6. Reboot Computer
7. With Internet access still down, install Blackberry Software 4.3
8. Reboot Computer
9. Start up Desktop Manager
10. Connect Blackberry to computer
11. Attempt to sync
12. Connect computer to Internet
That worked for me. Hope it works for you.
Last edited by doughdaddy; 05-11-2008 at 01:27 PM.
Reason: removed linking to BBF
This solution worked perfect for me. Thanks!
Tags for this Thread