The SIM card copy old phone to new did not work. I was expecting that ... RIM Desktop Software forum

dalem no está en línea Stack level 1

Software to edit contacts on desktop?

Advertisement

The SIM card copy old phone to new did not work.
    I was expecting that the Blackerry desktop software would give me a nice editor that would let me enter all the needed contact information on my desktop and then synch with the Blackberry.
    The software lets me backup the data, but I'm looking for some nice "desktop editor" that will let me enter all the contact information with a good keyboard and screen, then send it to the Blackberry.
    Any Suggestions?
    Note that I'm actually a Linux user, running Windows under VMware to talk to the Blackberry Cuve. So I can't enter the desired information in a Windows program such as Outlook and then sync. I want something stand-alone.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Software to edit contacts on desktop?

So you can use Desktop Manager all right? Then use the AscII file import?export. It will allow you to edit them on the PC, but it will take some manipulation to do it. It wont be exactly a sync. Export from the BB, edit/add new then Import back. I suppose if you have a database that will import and export ascii text files it would work. There is a help topic in Desktop manager on this.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles