I just got my pearl the other day and I was trying to install the ... RIM Desktop Software forum

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5

software for vista

Advertisement

I just got my pearl the other day and I was trying to install the software that comes on the disc that came with the phone but for some reason it just wont work some error just keeps popping up. Is there a different version for this software for windows vista? for that is the OS I have on my computer.

mariusu no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: software for vista

same thing happens to me... actually I downloaded 4.2.2 (which is SP2) version of Download Manager, but it closes down every time I try to start it...

rabbie303 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

What error are you getting Capdot?

::EDIT:: With my Vista I downloaded SP1, and then once that was done, went to SP2. But finding out the error would help in solving the problem for you.
    ~Erich~
    ---60% of the time it works every time--

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5

Well I got it to work after a few searches on the site. Now after I backed up my pearl and was trying to disconect my pearl from my computer I exited out of the blackberry software and my computer crashed. I tried the desktop program again plugged my phone in and when I disconneced my phone the computer crashed again.. seeing the blue screen on a computer makes me wanna vomit. im running vista on my computer and when my computer restarted my live one program told me it was due to the RIM software and I needed to download the latest version...I already have 4.2. I dont know what to do.

6ontherun no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: software for vista

Oh please Oh please ... someone have an answer!!!

I have tried instaliing the 4.2 (svc Pack 2) on my computer running Vista every way I can think of all week long.

Here is the text of the one error I can't get past: (so far)

"Error 1904. Module C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\ Blackberry\ Transaction Manager\ PTBS.dll failed to register. HRESULT 2147352567. Contact your Support Personnel."

Now, since I don't have any "support personel" and would rather not "pay per use" for Blackberry tech support... does any one have any suggestions?

I can ignore the error, but several functions don't work - Synching Outlook Calendar and Contacts, for example. Also Roxio reports that it transferred some music...but it's not there!

Any suggestions would be appreciated....

RiSKeY no está en línea Stack level 2

yea same with me been l0oking how to fix dis ...well i dont think its works with vista ..i get error when install it...anyone know /??? i think im having the same error you guys..

rexlt no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi, obvious question but have you made sure that you have full administrative permissions ?

Other thing is have you tried to register that DLL manually ? To do this click Start > Run and type in
    regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\Blackberry\Transaction Manager\PTBS.dll"

I have installed DM V4.2 SP2 on Vista Business and had no problem whatsoever. What version of Vista do you have ?

islandguy808 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by rexlt
    Hi, obvious question but have you made sure that you have full administrative permissions ?

Other thing is have you tried to register that DLL manually ? To do this click Start > Run and type in
    regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\Blackberry\Transaction Manager\PTBS.dll"

I have installed DM V4.2 SP2 on Vista Business and had no problem whatsoever. What version of Vista do you have ?

I have this same problem with Vista Home Premium 64 bit. I do have full admin permissions.I registered the PTBS.dll (using a different method), but still the desktop manager 4.2.2 will not open. Just flashes a pop up, doesn't even show up on in the task manager.

Very frustrating. I can't remember how many time I've installed/uninstalled this thing. Please tell me there is a solution.

thanks

crossilcm no está en línea Stack level 2

If I remember correctly, I had to use SP1. I had to completely uninstall the Desktop Manager. Then install the SP1.

I was finally able to get DTM 4.2.2 sp2 to install and run correctly!! At blackberry.com I downloaded BlackBerry USB and Modem Drivers first (you have to scroll down the list after the different languages), then installed the DTM. I also had user acct control (UAC) turned ON, don't know if that had anything to do with the install going ok.....but its worth a try.

Now if I could ony get my BB to work as a modem for my laptop I'd be a happy camper! Still working on that...

Hope this helps someone out there!

**edit**
    I just found that if the UAC is off the DTM will not open, it will just flash.
    Last edited by islandguy808; 10-10-2007 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RiSKeY View Post
    yea same with me been l0oking how to fix dis ...well i dont think its works with vista ..i get error when install it...anyone know /??? i think im having the same error you guys..
    Hey RiSKey I don't have enough posts to PM or post URLs....geeze this forum has a lot of rules.

Anyway, just go to to blackberry's site and go to support and services you'll find the destop manager there.

N1KON no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2526CC32

I get this prblen and i even reinstalled vista Grrr whats UAC

Quote Originally Posted by N1KON View Post
    I get this prblen and i even reinstalled vista Grrr whats UAC

Here's the definition of UAC:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_Account_Control

go to:
    control panel
    user accounts
    click on Turn User Account Control on or off.

razin65 no está en línea Stack level 1

I found this is maybe the problem.

Vista for some reason dosnt register VBScript. What you have to do is first of all find where vbscript.dll is, mine was in C:\Windows\System32, but I think it changes dependant on your version. Next you need to go to start -> accessories and the right click on command prompt and click "run as administrator", next type "cd C:\Windows\System32" (replace the dir if its differnt for you) and then type "regsvr32 vbscript.dll".

It should then confirm that vbscript has been registered and hope it works.