hi guys. I am enchanted by the form, beauty and function that the pearl offers. ... RIM Desktop Software forum

subodh64 no está en línea Stack level 1

shall i buy a new pearl

Advertisement

hi guys. I am enchanted by the form, beauty and function that the pearl offers. i use mobile for leisure and calls, besides contacts. would the pearl be suitable and easy to use. also there are some concerns that the scroll "pearl" is very sensitive and you might miss calls.

you guys are all pros. advise

SecretX no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204dd7ee
    i personally LOVE the black berry pearl.. i've been without the data plan for about 2-3 months and just recently got it and i'm amazed at what this thing can do, both before the data plan and with the data plan. highly recomend. never missed a call and the track balls sensitivity is easy changed. the phone does take some gettin used to but its awesome!!!!

pentacle no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D3EDBA
    The pearl is a hot phone!! But you can never go wrong with that BLACKBERRY 8700. A BB is not a BB if it doesn't have individual keys for each letter.

djsyco145 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Maximus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by pentacle
    The pearl is a hot phone!! But you can never go wrong with that BLACKBERRY 8700. A BB is not a BB if it doesn't have individual keys for each letter.
    I'll disagree with this asessment. There is a learning curve with the Suretype but once you get it...oh the joy.

mothwingdust no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I love my Pearl and use it constantly! I had an MDA for a while, but I had a lot of problems with it and Windows Mobile tries to be more than it really is. FWIW, Suretype works great for me and I can type just as fast on this keyboard as I did on the "full" QWERTY keyboard of the MDA. Suretype is the best predictive-text system I've ever used on a cellphone/PDA.

mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I would have to agree, the pearl is a great phone!! I love the size and functionality of it. Think about it this lil buddy puts out what a treo, palm, almost any phone does right now. And on top of all that I have all my emails at my fingertips @ all times!

The keypad does take a lil adjusting, but whether you go with sure-type, or multi tap you can't go wrong. Oh and I'm pretty sure you'll love the trackball!!

The only thing that's a downfall is if you really want a phone with a video recorder, because that's the one feature the pearl lacks. But no need to fret it makes up for it in other places. I hope this helps out, and let us know what you end up doing please!! Peace

pearlberry27 no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~my only problem with the pearl is if you have it in your pocket and someone calls while your walking and your pocket rubs the scroll ball it is the same effect as rolling the scroll wheel on a 7100 series, it mutes the ringer, but I've been recently told to press standby because it solves that problem and you still get calls and emails, not sure if it solves it since I keep forgetting haha, but in a case it gives me no problems. Blackberrys are my life, without them phones wouldn't be the same... Get it you'll love it

king217 no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    PIN/ID
    204d71a3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hey all you in the BB family I am a owner of thbe pearl I had the 7105 but with a growing kid I need a camera the pearl is the best around ive had over 200 differnt phones and This is the best buy got a question what is the standby I read about and does it stop the track ball mute

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    "Standby" is just locking the devise by holding the mute button (top). Incoming calls/messages come in, to answer use the trackball. Works fine.

king217 no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    PIN/ID
    204d71a3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hey again next question is 1 were do I put my pin in on this site to speak directly to someone 2 when ever some one sends me a video via mms it gives me a bunch of crap but no video how do I get them

ScottyP5947 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have yet to figure out the MMS issue. I can get pics no problem but videos get re-directed to my album via T-Mobile. If anyone can help, please do.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I saw the Pearl in the store last week when I had to take in my first 7105. Although I thought it was tiny by the pics, it doesn't really look that small. I'm hoping to get one next month. I love SureType and will never go back to another full keyboard device (although I wanted the 8700g LOL).