DM recognizes device fine. App. loader works. Roxio media manager says there is no device ... RIM Desktop Software forum

grayzweb no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    319F4F9E

Roxio Media Manager won't recognize device

Advertisement

DM recognizes device fine. App. loader works. Roxio media manager says there is no device connected! I uninstalled and re installed DM from disk and blackberry.com site I cannot find any fix for this. Anybody have any ideas or fixes? I know i could just transfer media from the media card directly, but I like Roxio Media Manager.
    (I used it when I had 8130 without issue. I now have 8330 and that is when problem started... but I unistalled everything and reinstalled)

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    I've had this experience and found that when uninstalling Desktop Manager, all elements of Roxio are not removed. Therefore upon re-installing DM there are conflicts due to duplicate Roxio files causing the problem.

Therefore what needs to be done now is to uninstall DM.

Next you must search your C: drive for any remaining folders & files with Roxio in the name. Unfortunately I'm away from my computer & responding via BB so I cannot give you the exact path. However if you search through the documents & settings folder, & applications folder, as well as any others that might contain roxio files, I'm sure you will find the remaining roxio file remnants to delete.

Once everything roxio is removed, then reinstall DM & you will be good to go.

Cheers
    via: Red BB 8310
    (soon via: Bold)
    (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Make sure stoage mode has been turned "on" on the BlackBerry

PIN/ID
    319F4F9E
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    That sounds like that could be what is hanging it up. Thanks for the tip. I will try it when I get home. (I'm on my BB also). Ill let ya know after I try it.

PIN/ID
    319F4F9E
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I've had this experience and found that when uninstalling Desktop Manager, all elements of Roxio are not removed. Therefore upon re-installing DM there are conflicts due to duplicate Roxio files causing the problem.

Therefore what needs to be done now is to uninstall DM.

Next you must search your C: drive for any remaining folders & files with Roxio in the name. Unfortunately I'm away from my computer & responding via BB so I cannot give you the exact path. However if you search through the documents & settings folder, & applications folder, as well as any others that might contain roxio files, I'm sure you will find the remaining roxio file remnants to delete.

Once everything roxio is removed, then reinstall DM & you will be good to go.

Cheers
    via: Red BB 8310
    (soon via: Bold)
    (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Ok, I did the uninstall and then I found a folder in C/Program Files/Roxio and sent it the recycle bin. Reinstalled DM and I stil have same issue with Roxio not detecting device connection, but I think that I am on the right track It has to be some sort of conflicting software because it worked for the me when I had the Pearl! I shouldn't have uninstalled DM for the Curve.
    I'm thinking of uninstall again, then remove Roxio folder then running a system and registry cleaner then trying it again.
    Thanks for your help. I'm determined to figure it out. I will post if I find a fix. Any other ideas our welcome!

PIN/ID
    319F4F9E
    I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling this several times and running different registry cleaners, deleting all old files and folders and STILL CAN'T GET ROXIO TO DETECT PHONE. Everything else in DM seems to work fine.
    I know I can just use the media card directory to load files.... but I LIKED Roxio!!
    also it converted video clips for me to play back. Very convienent.
    Still hoping somebody wil figure it out and clue me in!!

dk25 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Can't get roxio to detect phone..Was this ever resolved?

Quote Originally Posted by grayzweb View Post
    I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling this several times and running different registry cleaners, deleting all old files and folders and STILL CAN'T GET ROXIO TO DETECT PHONE. Everything else in DM seems to work fine.
    I know I can just use the media card directory to load files.... but I LIKED Roxio!!
    also it converted video clips for me to play back. Very convienent.
    Still hoping somebody wil figure it out and clue me in!!

elan11 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I haved same problem! Not resolved!

rdel no está en línea Stack level 1
    try using msicuu2.exe to fully remove roxio

zepres no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Roxio Media Manager won't recognize device

Bought my first BB (Curve) last week. Roxio Media manager wont recognize device. DM functions worked fine. Roxio MM is a total dissapointment!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I dont know if this is your case, but you must install YOUR devices Operating System-eg 4.2 or 4.5 on your computer, for some reason it aids the DTM in recognizing your device when installing apps and such