I have a user who greatly utilizes the subfolder redirection, with thousands of filed messages. ... RIM Desktop Software forum

J1gger no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Restoring subfolder messages after wipe

Advertisement

I have a user who greatly utilizes the subfolder redirection, with thousands of filed messages.

She replaced her 7100 with an 8703e yesterday, and called me to set it up on the BES. Unfortunately, she wiped her 7100 and removed her install of BBDM prior to calling.

Now, with a new device and new install of BBDM, she wants to get her old messages back on the device. We performed a cabled activation which brought in all her old inbox items, however even with the selected subfolders enabled for sync, the messages did not transfer back to the device.

She does not have a backup. Is there any way to get these messages back into the subfolders on her device? Having her resend all the messages to herself is not an option.

I don't believe this is possible, but any insight here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Restoring subfolder messages after wipe

Welcome to PInstack J1gger!!

I don't know BES since I don't use it, but as the morning passes more and more ppl will be along to help.

does the BES server not do it's own type of back-ups for the devices that are connected to it?

J1gger no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks mudshovel!

It normally does do its backup, but her old BES account was removed the day prior.

Good one tho!

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

i took a shot, hahaha

hopefully someone with more knowledge than me will be along to help you! (which would be just about anyone cause obviously i don't know squat, haha)