Hi you wonderful fellow bb addicts! this morning i was awoken from a wonderful dream ... RIM Desktop Software forum

emkwan no está en línea Stack level 2

Lightbulb Rejoice...or Not? Blackberry App World Videolog & 1st Look

Advertisement

Hi you wonderful fellow bb addicts!

this morning i was awoken from a wonderful dream by the prospect of being able to download to my hearts content, a range of applications from the new app world...

so here is my quick videoLog of the app...

http://emkwan.wordpress.com

what do the rest of you guys think?

im concerned about the memory limitations of our handsets, the whole paypal issue, as well as the functionality aspects of the app...
    Win a FREE..yes FREE Blackberry Bold:
    visit my blog:
    http://emkwan.wordpress.com
    or
    http://www.youtube.com/emkwan
    Best of Luck!

BBqwest no está en línea Stack level 3
    I just downloaded and I can tell you its a quicker to find apps for our precious BB's through this app. The only issue I had is the search engine. I know there are more apps for BB and I searched certain ones and it said no results. Maybe its just limited to what is in the app store. All round its a good app. We do need more memory for our BB's if were gonna want to really get down to the nitty gritty of downloading apps.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I like it, as BBqwest said, its nice to have a bunch of apps made specifically for your berry just one click away.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    3 times I've started a reply, each time I just give up because it looks like its gonna come out as negative and I don't want to be the nay sayer....

But I am.

Its great and good for blackberry users to have a store front, and good for developers to have a common venue to hock their wares, but I think this is a mess.

The app itself is fine, if not a little slow, but I can live with that. What I find odd (and messy) is the pricing. I'm all for giving you a couple bucks for your product (thank you Bellshare for helping me see the light on paid apps), but $59 to know exactly who's calling? No.
    Even a weather app for $17. Some of you will have to cry foul after Bellshare heard your comments and dropped BerryWeather to $10.
    Its just some of the apps look like the pricing was spat out because its there, on the THE blackberry store. Get me? Its hard to explain, but surf all the categories and I think you'll see my point.

I don't know, its difficult to put into words, and I'm sure some are thinking I'm off my rocker, and I may be. I just think this store needed a bit more. Too many recycled apps (surf mobihand and you'll see what I mean), web shortcuts etc.

I know...give it time, and I will. I'm just saying that at this point, I'm not impressed.

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I think it's nice. It has so much potential, but we are playing catch up. It runs nice on my bold. Like jfcooley says, I think some prices are ridiculous.

liljae8 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i cant download the app for some reason. i've tried downloading by connecting my 8900 via usb, it didnt work. it said that i dont meet requirements. i tried downloading via OTA, it says the same thing. what do i do?

liljae8 no está en línea Stack level 2
    ok got it. but i dont have a data plan. boo