Hi, Can anybody tell me if it is possible to view pst files (Outlook personal ... RIM Desktop Software forum

johnnyWong no está en línea Stack level 1

PST Synch Question???

Advertisement

Hi,

Can anybody tell me if it is possible to view pst files (Outlook personal folders) on a Blackberry? I have a user who states that "In his last job" he could do this. He wants to be able to see the PST folder structure and all it's content by synchronizing with the pst file on his computer using the Desktop software.

I have managed to synchronise the PST folder structure on to his Blackberry device but the content from the PST file doesn't populate to these folders.

Thanks in advance for your posts.

Johnny Wong.

senseijake no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2140331B

Re: PST Synch Question???

In his last job was the company using a BES?

Also when you say:
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyWong View Post

I have managed to synchronise the PST folder structure on to his Blackberry device but the content from the PST file doesn't populate to these folders.

Johnny Wong.
    Are you trying to maintain the structure of folders that he has within the Inbox on Outlook so he can sort email into these subfolders from his blackberry? If this is the case your company would need to be running a BES.

Yes we have a BES server.

No I'm not trying to maintain the structure of the folders that he has in his inbox. I'm trying to get a living copy of is current pst file on to his Blackberry (i.e. replicate his pst folder structure with mails in these folders on to his Blackberry).

senseijake no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2140331B

Ok well unfortunately thats where my knowledge ends, my company doesnt use a BES server so im not sure how you would do this. I would post your question within the BES forum in order to get the best support. Good Luck and sorry for the lack of help.

Jake

Thanks Jake.

usman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207717F1

ive heard it is possible, unfortantely we dont use that here at my company. We have all auto archiving and such in outlook turned off if the user has a BB. The reason for this we have it set to the inbox only. so when you receive mail it hits the exchange and the bes. If you have email filtering on to PSTs it dosnt allow exchange to replicate to the BES.

weird.. i know..