Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Pearl Tmobile user. I downloaded opera mini easily and have an icon for it, but ... RIM Desktop Software forum

bso_cards no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Problems installing Opera Mini

Advertisement

Pearl Tmobile user. I downloaded opera mini easily and have an icon for it, but when I start it up it goes thru a 20 step performance test and gets thru all of it and then says "Failed to connect to the internet" I have a hard time believing it can't connect to the internet considering how well the browser

davehush no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203e7f3e

I've got the same problem. I'm using the desktop installer, but the .zip I downloaded only has one .cod file, whereas the .alx clearly references two. I believe this work via the OTA, but for various reasons my blackberry doesn't have browser enabled, which is why I want Opera in the first place.

Does anyone have the complete install with both .cod files?

DeltaPi no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello,
    i'm a newbi user of a bb curve from germany. i'm facing the same problem like bso_cards. "connont connect to internet" after performing a test.....can anyone help?

greetings from germany
    DeltaPi

MelissaSue no está en línea Stack level 2

Hi, I'm having trouble getting the Opera Mini as well. I keep getting an Error saying that it can't connect to the internet. I do have the internet on my phone. And I can't seem to download it to my computer either. If someone could help me that would be great.

lyonske no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaSue View Post
    Hi, I'm having trouble getting the Opera Mini as well. I keep getting an Error saying that it can't connect to the internet. I do have the internet on my phone. And I can't seem to download it to my computer either. If someone could help me that would be great.
    MelissaSue, have you entered the APN value (in the TCP settings) for your service provider (e.g. wap.voicestream.com for T-Mobile)? If not, enter this value and then you will need to reinstall Opera for the settings to take affect. Good luck.

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337

This probably will be a dumb question but what is so good about Opera Mini?

lyonske no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by smooth10 View Post
    This probably will be a dumb question but what is so good about Opera Mini?
    It's a mixed bag for me. Opera is great if you need to find something on the web on sites that are not WAP enabled, but I have found it a bit difficult to use for normal surfing on my Pearl because the viewing area on the Pearl is so small and I've found it to be a bit unreliable (I have to reinstall every couple weeks because the connection settings become corrupted for no good reason). For simplicity, I prefer to use the built-in BB browser most of my surfing needs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12