Hello all, I am having a problem with the desktop software and windows vista. I ... RIM Desktop Software forum

boosted03 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e2f95

Problem with uninstall and reinstall of desktop software

Advertisement

Hello all,
    I am having a problem with the desktop software and windows vista. I got a new vista home premim machine a few days ago and installed 4.3 fine and the upgraded to 4.6. Everything was working fine. Then I made a change in vista to the real admin login and dragged the desktop icon form the old login to the new admin login.

I connected my 8310 and drivers weren't installed , so I installed them. Then tried desktop manager and it wouldn't see my BB. So I tried the uninstaller in vista and it said this is for programs that are installed. So I looked through vista for any desktop files and deleted them. I then went and tried to install the desktop again and the intall sheild come's up and go though the install the stops and says the install was interupted and to try it again. I have tried many time only to get the same thing.

Does any one know how to fix this or can any one tell me how to locate all of the desktop files so I can delete them and do a fresh install of the desktop ? Any help is appreciated!!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    boosted,

This thread might help.

ironman24 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3198AA34
    Boosted, if you follow the previous link from RoGro, it will solve your problems. Had the same thing happen to me with my 8130 and followed the steps, reinstalled and have had no problems since. Pinstackers are the greatest at helping people with their BB problems.

PIN/ID
    23e2f95
    THANK YOU!!!! Everything is working now. I appreciate the help !

PIN/ID
    23e2f95
    THANK YOU!!!! Everything is working now.

I really appreciate the help !

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Right on! Glad to hear it!