Right now I'm trying to synch my 8120 to my Outlook 2007 with Desktop Manager. ... RIM Desktop Software forum

Gigamaster89 no está en línea Stack level 3

Problem synching contacts.

Advertisement

Right now I'm trying to synch my 8120 to my Outlook 2007 with Desktop Manager. I set it so that it is ONLY exporting infomation from the Pearl only so I can overwrite whatever is stored on Outlook.

I get "Unable to read application data record". I read around and it seems that I would need first/last/company name filled in, but I don't quite get it. All my contacts have a first name, some don't have last names (such as a contact named "Dad") and none have company names. There is no way to sync my contacts without those info?

I would also like to know how to synch into vista contacts...

devilsadidas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    if you have vista and your have windows contacts and windows email instead of outlook you can sync if you upgrade to the desktop mgr 4.5

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

for he other problem, if you just want to overwrite you existing contacts anyway i'd try deleting them all first. also open the contacts in your bb and search for any symbols, or numbers in any of the name fields(ie first, last, company, title)
    if there is any update the contact. the only time i've seen this is coming from outlook and going to my bb, this was rim's fix. deleting the false fields out of outlook, i had to go through every single contact individually!
    Last edited by devilsadidas; 07-11-2008 at 01:24 AM. Reason: spelling correction

Gigamaster89 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsadidas View Post
    if you have vista and your have windows contacts and windows email instead of outlook you can sync if you upgrade to the desktop mgr 4.5

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

for he other problem, if you just want to overwrite you existing contacts anyway i'd try deleting them all first. also open the contacts in your bb and search for any symbols, or numbers in any of the name fields(ie first, last, company, title)
    if there is any update the contact. the only time i've seen this is coming from outlook and going to my bb, this was rim's fix. deleting the false fields out of outlook, i had to go through every single contact individually!
    No luck with 4.5, same problem trying to sync with windows contacts. The weirdest symbol I have is _ and @ in the email address...