I wnat to buy a Curve 8310 but my situation is that I live in ... RIM Desktop Software forum

thisisallen no está en línea Stack level 1

possible to d/l DM elsewhere?

Advertisement

I wnat to buy a Curve 8310 but my situation is that I live in a rural area in India where the BIS is not available right now. I have been trying to test the possibilities of uisng the phone without the BIS. (mainly because I need a high voice quality and strong reception capable phone to handle the situation where I live and so I am interested in BB to solve my problems.). I tried going to the RIM site to d/l the latest version of DM but I receive an error message when I put in my information on the form. It says that no number is associated with this information. Is there any workaround for this? (for d/l the latest version)?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Try this site. I don't think they require an number.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Allen, are you going directly to the Asia-Pacific BlackBerry site? Not sure what "number" it is trying to validate, especially if you're choosing your country in the dropdown menu.

thisisallen no está en línea Stack level 1
    I tried the link that was provided above. It appeared to be the same site that I had trouble with before. (I had gone automatically to the NA site before. I did not realize there was an Asia-Pacific one.). However, this time it worked better (I tried a different browser) and I did not receive any error message. Now I am a very happy camper!
    I did run into another problem that the d/l is not resumable. Understand that the bandwidth where I am is VERY slow, so 94+ MB in one shot is a real challenge. We'll see...
    Many thanks for your quick replies and help.