I hate to be a dead horse with this subject. I have read every thread ... RIM Desktop Software forum

riverjig no está en línea Stack level 1

Question PC doesnt recognize Pearl...Ive tried everything

Advertisement

I hate to be a dead horse with this subject. I have read every thread relating to my problem and tried everything twice. I cannot get my PC to recognize my 8100 pearl. I have tried 5 different cables, 3 of my computers, and countless other possible solutions.
    I have came to the conclusion that it might be the usb port on my phone. Unfortunately, the PC recognizes the pearl enough so that it lets me know its an unknown device. So, Im a little uncertain. DTM will not recognize it either. Its the same usb symbol identifying the device as unknown. Ive tried loading multiple different versions of DTM's and loaded the usb drivers manually as well.

There might be an issue with the DTM version and OS version...But Ive checked that. If theres anything out there that someone knows worked for them.

Im running the 4.5.055 OS and the 4.3 DTM. Please throw anything out there if theres a possibility that I could have missed something. If I dont figure it out by tonight, Im scrapping it and getting a new one.

Thanx for any help you can offer......

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Only thing I can think of after reading all of that is to check and see if the port on the side of the phone is loose. Does it seems to move around when the cable is inserted?

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    When you were switching between DM versions did you go into c/program files/common files and delete the research in motion folder and reboot before reinstalling the DM? If not try that and go for 4.6. Stay away from 4.7. Doesn't really sound like the port is bad but it is very possible.

cbresciani no está en línea Stack level 2
    I had a similar problem with my curve when I first got it. The problem was there was a conflict with the drive letter it was trying to assign to my blackberry when it was connected to my computer. It showed it as being connected but did not recognize it. It ended up that I had another drive letter assigned to another peripheral. Once I assigned an unused drive letter to my Blackberry it worked fine. You might want to give that a try.
    Chris B.

I checked the usb on the phone for dirt or damage.

I did not manually delete the RIM folder in between installs. Thats a good idea.

cbresciani, I see where your going with the device conflict. Please elaborate on exactly how you assigned a drive letter to that device. I would appreciate a little more explanation due to the fact that Ive never had any issues with devices in the past. This is all a tad bit new.

Thanx for all the help ladies and gents

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by riverjig View Post
    I cannot get my PC to recognize my 8100 pearl. Im running the 4.5.055 OS and the 4.3 DTM.
    Here's the solution.

Follow these _steps_ exactly and in the sequence I've listed them and this should resolve your problem.

Steps to follow

- Plug your BB into your computer

- From computer click: Start / Run / (enter) devmgmt.msc / click OK (this will open the Device Manager)

- Look at the bottom of the list where you will see "Universal Serial Bus Controllers"

- Find the one that says BlackBerry / right click and choose uninstall

- Do the same for the entries labeled "mass storage" which may or may not be there. It they are not there, no worries.

- Now close out of everything

- Unplug your BB and do a restart of your computer.

- Once it's booted up, plug in your BlackBerry and it will create new drivers automatically.

- Then your computer will recognise your BlackBerry

Cheers....
    If you need anything else, or have questions just let us know.

Thats one of the issues Im having. In the device manager, it doesnt list my Blackberry as "Blackberry". Its listed as unknown device. I cant get my computer to recognize the blackberry.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Thats one of the issues Im having. In the device manager, it doesnt list my Blackberry as "Blackberry". Its listed as unknown device. I cant get my computer to recognize the blackberry.
    If it's listed as unknown than it's being seen but the driver is corrupted. So delete that driver along with any of the drivers labeled "USB Root"

cbresciani no está en línea Stack level 2
    cbresciani, I see where your going with the device conflict. Please elaborate on exactly how you assigned a drive letter to that device. I would appreciate a little more explanation due to the fact that Ive never had any issues with devices in the past. This is all a tad bit new.

Thanx for all the help ladies and gents
    You need to go into computer management (right click my computer, and chose manage) there you will see storage options/disk management.

When you plug the device in and go to the above spot you should see the drive letters there, but the drive shares will be the same as the ones that are already mapped.

Simply right click the BlackBerry device drive, and then “chose a different drive letter”
    Chris B.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    I would follow what Archer said. Should resolve your problem.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ok. Im deleting the usb controllers and the hubs. I also deleted the DTM and the root directory manually. I have tried doing this on a total of 5 laptops. 3 of the laptops had never had this device connected to it before. Windows starts recognizing the Blackberry. Everything goes good until the end of the add new hardware icon and mentions the device is malfunctioning.

So here we go.

Well, no go. Im just a tad frustrated considering that my phone was fine last night. This morning, apps were missing and when I went to relaod them, I ran into this fun mess. Im pretty much convinced that Im trashing this one and getting a new one. Im not too shabby when it comes to computers, and Ive, along with your help and the entire pinsack community, came close to extinguishing every possible solution. I know there is one.Thanx for your help everyone. Im not letting this go though.....

Have a great holiday