Hi all, i have somewhat of an annoying problem. I sync my bb with Outlook ... RIM Desktop Software forum

Dathonk no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2052DDDF

Thumbs up Outlook 2003 Time issue

Advertisement

Hi all,

i have somewhat of an annoying problem. I sync my bb with Outlook 2003, the problem i'm having seems to be when i sync it screws up the time all my appointments are. i've tried to go into my bb and set the time to EST and make sure all my appointments on also listed in EST, it seems to work right after i fix everything, but when i try and sync it again, it seems to put all the appointments 3 hours ahead of when they actually are. I"m pretty much almost had it with the whole syncing thing and was looking for another program to see if anything works better or if it's just something i'm doing. Any help would be much appreciated.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Outlook 2003 Time issue

dathonk, my boss had this prob, check your time and time zone settings in the comp first then in outlook I can't remember which one was messing it up but it's on the comp side not the bb!
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

PIN/ID
    2052DDDF

kayos72,
    i've checked the time on my computer and it's set to EST, just like on the bb, the thing is the time in Outlook is correct, just the time in the calender on the bb are incorrect. The time settings on the computer as well as the bb match up. I just don't know whats wrong.

Dimndbk no está en línea Stack level 2

Dathonk,

Go into Outlook. Choose Tools, Options, Preferences, Calendar Options, Time Zone, and ensure that the time zone in the Outlook Calendar is set to (GMT -05:00) Eastern Time. This should resolve the problem. Also check to make sure the check block for "Adjust for Daylight Saving Time is checked.

PIN/ID
    2052DDDF

Unfortunatly that still didn't help it. Since i have everything backed up to outlook, i'm gonna do a reset and see how that goes, i really dont know whats going on tho. maybe i'll call the service provider, but their just going to blame it on outlook.

PIN/ID
    2052DDDF

well with the reset it fixed it so far, now i just have to go through everything to see if anything else is messed up, but for right now, it's not a problem, we'll see when i have to sync again tho.
    thanks everyone