Hi Everyone, I'm both a new BB (Pearl 8130) user and new to the forums. ... RIM Desktop Software forum

5.2LBB no está en línea Stack level 1

Outlook 07 Sync Issue and General Weirdness

Advertisement

Hi Everyone,

I'm both a new BB (Pearl 8130) user and new to the forums. They have been a great help so far in getting things together on the device, but I have a weird one for you...

I have my BB sync'd with Outlook 2007 (Vista OS) simply through the USB cable (no BES or anything complicated). I have the latest software (came preinstalled) for the device and DM. My contacts, notes, and task lists 2-way sync perfectly. Changes made on the device go to Outlook and vice-versa.

The problem is with the calendar appointments. There appears to be two separate issues, although they may be related in some way.

1. After syncing, if I then sync again, DM wants to add all of the appointments in the calendar again. Sometimes this results in duplicate entries on the BB, sometimes not.

2. When changes are made to the calendar on the BB, they are not tranferred to Outlook.

I have reinstalled DM, cleared the calendar DBs from the device and reinstalled them, had the service books cleared and reinstalled by my provider, and I still get the same issue.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help...

Mike

Re: Outlook 07 Sync Issue and General Weirdness

OK, so I just spent 3 hours on the phone conferenced in with RIM and my provider. After a number of hard resets, delete this and that, reinstal this and that I have sync back.

To the best of my recap abilities, here's what the problem was. For each email address (BIS) that you have there is a Service Book that is also installed for the calendar. This is apparently so that you can assign different appointments to different calendars that are associated with each of your email addresses. In my case, these calendar service books were corrupt. So we deleted all but one of them, deleted the "Intellisync" folder within my user profile, then re-sync'd the calendar. Then it worked... BB to Outlook and vice-versa was OK. I was then able to resent the service books from my providers server, and everything works.

Hope that helps someone else...

Mike

Re: Outlook 07 Sync Issue and General Weirdness

OK, so right after I type the above, my problem comes back. By deleting the Calendar Service books so that there is only one left, I was able to fix the problem again. Seems to be a problem with the way Outlook 2007 and DM handles multiple calendars.

FYI