[FONT=Verdana]I started a new job today and I attempted to install DM 4.3 and i ... RIM Desktop Software forum
No profiles were found in registry
[FONT=Verdana]I started a new job today and I attempted to install DM 4.3 and i continued to get this error "No profiles were found in registry" when I tried to configure DM to sync w/ outlook. I am using BIS and have done this numerous times with other computers at home and at work. Please help me[/FONT]
Hope it helps.
No profiles available when configuring PIM applications
Doc ID : KB02807
Last Modified : 2006-11-21
Document Type : Support
Print this page
- BlackBerry®Desktop Manager
- Microsoft® Outlook®
You receive the following error when attempting to configure the personal information management (PIM) applications in Intellisync®:
No profiles available - you may need to reconfigure folder selections for MS Outlook.
Summary of Causes
This problem is caused by the following:
- A Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) profile does not exist or needs to be re-created.
- The Address Book folders mapped for synchronization are incorrect.
- Intellisync is attempting to read the MAPI profile from a duplicate Windows Messaging Subsystem registry key.
- Outlook is configured as Internet only. (This applies to Windows® 2000 users only).
Complete the appropriate resolution for your cause.
A MAPI profile does not exist or needs to be re-created.
Create a new MAPI profile and associate it with the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
- For instructions on how to create a new MAPI profile, see the Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 195718 How to create a new email profile in Outlook 2000.
- For instructions on how to configure BlackBerry Desktop Manager to use the new MAPI profile, see Support Knowledge Base Article KB-03650.
The Address Book folders mapped for synchronization are incorrect.
Map the correct Address Book folders in Intellisync.
- In the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, double-click theIntellisync icon, then click Configure PIM.
- Select the Address Book application, then click Choose.
- Click Browse.
- Ensure that the folders listed in the Selected Folders list box are valid.
- Close all open windows, ending with theIntellisync window.
Intellisync is attempting to read the MAPI profile from a duplicate Windows Messaging Subsystem registry key.
Remove the duplicate Windows Messaging Subsystem key from the registry.
Warning: Modifying the computer registry can cause substantial damage to the Microsoft Windows® operating system. Document and back up the existing registry entries prior to implementing any changes.
- Close the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
- Open the Registry Editor.
- Select the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder.
- In the Registry Editor window, in the Edit menu, select Find. The Find window appears.
- In the Find What field, type Windows Messaging Subsystem and click Find Next to determine how many Windows Messaging Subsystem folders exist within HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
- Backup and delete any Windows Messaging Subsystem folders that appear higher in the registry folder structure than: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Cur rent Version\Windows Messaging Subsystem
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Open desktop manager and double-click the Intellisync icon, then click Configure PIM.
- Select an application from the Handheld Applications list box, then
- Click Options and ensure that the correct MAPI profile is selected, then
- Repeat step 10 for the remaining handheld applications.
- Click OK to return to the Intellisync window.
- Select Synchronize PIM and clickSynchronize Now.
Outlook is configured as Internet Only. This applies to Windows 2000 users only.
Configure Outlook to use the Corporate or Workgroup option.
- In Outlook, on the Tools menu, selectOptions.
- On the Options window, click the Mail Services tab.
- Click Reconfigure Mail Support.
- Select the Corporate or Workgroup option, then click Next.
- Click OK.
Tags for this Thread