[FONT=Verdana]I started a new job today and I attempted to install DM 4.3 and i ... RIM Desktop Software forum

gabedamian no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204BE3C3

No profiles were found in registry

Advertisement

[FONT=Verdana]I started a new job today and I attempted to install DM 4.3 and i continued to get this error "No profiles were found in registry" when I tried to configure DM to sync w/ outlook. I am using BIS and have done this numerous times with other computers at home and at work. Please help me[/FONT]

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Hope it helps.

No profiles available when configuring PIM applications

Doc ID : KB02807
    Last Modified : 2006-11-21
    Document Type : Support

Print this page

Environment

• BlackBerry®Desktop Manager
    • Microsoft® Outlook®

Problem

You receive the following error when attempting to configure the personal information management (PIM) applications in Intellisync®:
    No profiles available - you may need to reconfigure folder selections for MS Outlook.

Cause

Summary of Causes
    This problem is caused by the following:
    1. A Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) profile does not exist or needs to be re-created.
    2. The Address Book folders mapped for synchronization are incorrect.
    3. Intellisync is attempting to read the MAPI profile from a duplicate Windows Messaging Subsystem registry key.
    4. Outlook is configured as Internet only. (This applies to Windows® 2000 users only).

Resolution

Complete the appropriate resolution for your cause.
    Cause 1
    A MAPI profile does not exist or needs to be re-created.
    Resolution
    Create a new MAPI profile and associate it with the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
    1. For instructions on how to create a new MAPI profile, see the Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 195718 How to create a new email profile in Outlook 2000.
    2. For instructions on how to configure BlackBerry Desktop Manager to use the new MAPI profile, see Support Knowledge Base Article KB-03650.
    Cause 2
    The Address Book folders mapped for synchronization are incorrect.
    Resolution
    Map the correct Address Book folders in Intellisync.
    1. In the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, double-click theIntellisync icon, then click Configure PIM.
    2. Select the Address Book application, then click Choose.
    3. Click Browse.
    4. Ensure that the folders listed in the Selected Folders list box are valid.
    5. Close all open windows, ending with theIntellisync window.
    Cause 3
    Intellisync is attempting to read the MAPI profile from a duplicate Windows Messaging Subsystem registry key.
    Resolution
    Remove the duplicate Windows Messaging Subsystem key from the registry.
    Warning: Modifying the computer registry can cause substantial damage to the Microsoft Windows® operating system. Document and back up the existing registry entries prior to implementing any changes.

1. Close the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    2. Open the Registry Editor.
    3. Select the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder.
    4. In the Registry Editor window, in the Edit menu, select Find. The Find window appears.
    5. In the Find What field, type Windows Messaging Subsystem and click Find Next to determine how many Windows Messaging Subsystem folders exist within HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
    6. Backup and delete any Windows Messaging Subsystem folders that appear higher in the registry folder structure than: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Cur rent Version\Windows Messaging Subsystem
    7. Close the Registry Editor.
    8. Open desktop manager and double-click the Intellisync icon, then click Configure PIM.
    9. Select an application from the Handheld Applications list box, then
      click Choose.
    10. Click Options and ensure that the correct MAPI profile is selected, then
      click OK.
    11. Repeat step 10 for the remaining handheld applications.
    12. Click OK to return to the Intellisync window.
    13. Select Synchronize PIM and clickSynchronize Now.

Cause 4
    Outlook is configured as Internet Only. This applies to Windows 2000 users only.
    Resolution
    Configure Outlook to use the Corporate or Workgroup option.
    1. In Outlook, on the Tools menu, selectOptions.
    2. On the Options window, click the Mail Services tab.
    3. Click Reconfigure Mail Support.
    4. Select the Corporate or Workgroup option, then click Next.
    5. Click OK.