Hey all got me a new berry today switched from att to vzw now I ... RIM Desktop Software forum

aircooled no está en línea Stack level 1

New berry with transfer trouble

Advertisement

Hey all got me a new berry today switched from att to vzw now I want to get all the contacts from the old one to the new one, should be easy right, WRONG!!

This is where the problem is the old berry has a missing pin in the mini usb port, it has been gone for a while but I have 2 batteries and I just swap them out when they die. To use the transfer wizard I need to have the old one plugged in then switch to the new one, well with the missing pin it don't know when I plug it in.

Is there any way I can transfer everything I have on the PC to the new berry and get it to sync up right.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    If you backed up your old BB, then you should be able to hook up your new one and click on restore and select the backed up BB to get the info transferred onto the new BB.

I wasn't sure if that would work because of the different carriers

Well the backup I had went up in smoke with the previous hard drive, I thought there was a copy on the wife's computer but no luck any other ideas.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by aircooled View Post
    I wasn't sure if that would work because of the different carriers
    Backup and restore works across all carriers.

riffman no está en línea Stack Professional
    I don't think this is an issue, but Verizon is CDMA, ( you know- no sim card- your phone breaks and you are done- no "Sim Swap"- and the other is the more common GSM, used here and abroad. But I think what Debi ( pdxmatts) said is true. Unless you paid to have data store elsewhere, you'll have to have backed up everything on a pc to do a desktop restore. This little detail about Verizon possibly being a suitor for Sprint is because ATT and Tmo can't ( and probably don't want to) because Thier GSM networks don't support CDMA phones. Only sprint and Verizon use CDMA in the USA.- riffman

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by aircooled View Post
    Well the backup I had went up in smoke with the previous hard drive, I thought there was a copy on the wife's computer but no luck any other ideas.
    I think that you will need to start from scratch and enter all again. Chalk it up to a lesson learned. Then, when you get it all finished, back it up.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Short of replacing the bad usb on the old device I believe pdxmatts is dead on.