i have been uninstalling and re-installing desktop softwares since 6 last night and this is ... RIM Desktop Software forum

DJ_Yoonique no está en línea Stack level 1

My BB pearl will NOT be recognized no matter what i try

Advertisement

i have been uninstalling and re-installing desktop softwares since 6 last night and this is starting to p*ss me off. i had a blackberry 8100 before and i am currently trying to connect a new replacement one on the account the trackball breaking on my other. can anyone help me? ive even tried installing older versions fo the software and everything! i am running windows XP but the weird thing is ive never used teh actual software to connect my blackberry... i jsut drag and dropped MP3's and stuff by installing a USB driver that reads it as a mass storage device but now i need to transfer applications and that driver doesnt recognize this new pearl.
    thanks
    Last edited by DJ_Yoonique; 11-22-2007 at 09:14 AM.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: My BB pearl will NOT be recognized no matter what i try

Welcome to Pinstack!
    Have you downloaded and installed the OS to your pc? I know for the 8320 in order to load programs I had to install the os. Here's a link when you are updating the os and the computer won't recognize the phone. Not sure if it is going to help, but here ya go... http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...uter_wont.html

thanks for the help Stacey but i am still having some trouble. phone is still not being recognized

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Does your phone charge when you plug it in?

I've heard of some blackberry devices having issues with the USB port being faulty. Perhaps this is your issue.

nahh it charges the phone when plugged into the computer... but thats as far as it goes to being recognized anywhere else.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

You have to have the desktop manager installed on your computer and running to be able to get into the phone itself. Without it all XP knows to do is to treat the memory card as a removable drive and it ignores the phone itself. I noticed in your op that you never make mention that DM will not see your phone, just that Windows XP won't.

Zo