Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi all, Situation: computer used by 2 people, using same account and Outlook (is a ... RIM Desktop Software forum

wolfje no está en línea Stack level 1

multiple BB devices - 1 account

Advertisement

Hi all,

Situation: computer used by 2 people, using same account and Outlook (is a home pc). They want to sync Outlook agenda/tasks.
    They're both going to buy a BB device. I want to make sure this is going to work:
    Can both devices be synced using the same pc account ? Or should I define 2 pc accounts and share Outlook pst-files ?
    Thanks!

Bjorn.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    Are they both the same model? If not then it deffinitly won't be a problem. Even if they are, I still don't think it will be a problem. I have plugged my wifes 8130 into my PC where I sync my 8130 and DM has obviously recognized the different PIN number.

saukrateaz no está en línea Stack level 3
    It will be fine.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks all for the fast replies!
    Doughdaddy: do they also both sync to Outlook?

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    No, just mine. Hers syncs to her PC with Outlook but I have had to hook it up to my PC to update the OS since it's easier than adding the OS to two PC's.

Mmmm, not exact the same. I want to sync both devices on the same pc, same user, same Outlook. So in fact just like you would have 2 devices ...

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfje View Post
    Mmmm, not exact the same. I want to sync both devices on the same pc, same user, same Outlook. So in fact just like you would have 2 devices ...
    I think I'm doing what you want to do and it works fine. I sync a 8100 and a 8320 using the same p-c, same DM, same account, same Outlook. Is that it?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Blackfish: Yes indeed, I think that's what I mean. Can you sync your Outlook tasks, contacts, etc to both devices?

I only sync contacts but it shouldn't matter how much or little info you want to sync - I don't think you'll have a problem using the same account on a p-c. I am only one account on mine even though I sync two different phones.

However, if you're wanting to sync 2 different sets of information - I sync the same info on both phones - that may make a difference. You may have to have 2 different named sources of Outlook, Outlook Express, or whatever you use for the 2 different phones...but you can still use one p-c account. Desktop Mgr. WILL recognize the handset by PIN and, as long as you have the proper p-c source defined for the appropriate handset I don't think you should have any problem. Hope that helps.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

I want to sync the same information to both devices, so I think that's what you're doing.
    I assume it won't be a problem if both devices are the same model as they will have different PINs.
    Thanks for the infos !!

I want to sync the same information to both devices, so I think that's what you're doing.
    I assume it won't be a problem if both devices are the same model as they will have different PINs.
    Thanks for the infos !!
    You should be in good shape for sure!

euhm, what do you mean by "You should be in good shape for sure! " ? (sorry )

I want to sync the same information to both devices, so I think that's what you're doing. I assume it won't be a problem if both devices are the same model as they will have different PINs.
    Thanks for the infos !!
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    You should be in good shape for sure!
    euhm, what do you mean by "You should be in good shape for sure! " ? (sorry )
    That means, based on what I think you're trying to do, you should have no problems doing it.

Ah, ok. My English isn't that good. Now I just need to find out what's that growing tall stuff ...

Ah, ok. My English isn't that good. Now I just need to find out what's that growing tall stuff ...
    Don't worry. Hopefully it doesn't apply to you and, as I said,..."Most people don't get it until it's too late."

Happy Pinstacking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast