I've got a user that recently got a new BB Pearl. He has an old ... RIM Desktop Software forum

slundy no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Move Contacts from one BB to another?

Advertisement

I've got a user that recently got a new BB Pearl. He has an old 8700 that has some contacts on it that he wants to get moved over to the new BB Pearl.

Can the DM 4.2 do that with "Switch Devices"? I tried going to the link that's posted but it comes up 'Sorry, the document you are looking for no longer exists at this location.'

If I were to connect the 8700 and hit switch devices what would happen? I don't want to wipe out his pearl, just need to get the contacts off the old one, and sync'd into the new one.

ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

merk350z no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203D0EA3

Re: Move Contacts from one BB to another?

Quote Originally Posted by slundy
    I've got a user that recently got a new BB Pearl. He has an old 8700 that has some contacts on it that he wants to get moved over to the new BB Pearl.

Can the DM 4.2 do that with "Switch Devices"? I tried going to the link that's posted but it comes up 'Sorry, the document you are looking for no longer exists at this location.'

If I were to connect the 8700 and hit switch devices what would happen? I don't want to wipe out his pearl, just need to get the contacts off the old one, and sync'd into the new one.

ideas?

Thanks,

Steve
    hey Steve what i would do first is do a back up of the pearl worse case is you do a system restore. the way i got my contacts form on blackberry to another was i sync the blackberry to out look and got all my contacts in outlook then hooked up the new blackberry and it transferd all the contacts to the new 8700c not so new anymore but outlook should be able to do that.

slundy no está en línea Stack level 2

Unfortunately we're in a Lotus Notes environment, so we don't even have outlook on the desktop. If I can just get the contacts off the old BB into a csv file or something like that then I can have him import them into his Notes and sync it up that way.

Thanks for the reply though.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

I would back up the 8700, and then install the DM 4.2(I don't think 4.2 will work with 8700). Once you've installed 4.2, load the backup that you created with the older DM off the 8700...

It worked when I went from the 7105t to the Pearl...
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

baconismidog no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~use the ABC blackberry converter. You can get it from snapfiles. It has a trial version and since you he only needs a few contacts it should do just fine. It interprets the days from a blackberry backup file.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

The switch Device feature of 4.2 works just fine for this. Just in case, use DM 4.2 to backup the 8700, that works fine also. Then connect the Pearl and select switch devices. That's what I did when I upgraded. Also You can sync the 8700 to a csv file if you want to go that route. It is one of the sync options in the syncronization Configuration Settings. Select the AscII sync option. and name the file <filename>.csv.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles