I've run into a problem with my Bold: I recently realized that I hadn't made ... RIM Desktop Software forum

PDADoc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2709EE01

MMS options database error during backup

Advertisement

I've run into a problem with my Bold: I recently realized that I hadn't made any backups since February, so I tried to perform one this afternoon, but when it got to the MMS options, it gave a database error.

I went into the database listing but couldn't clear that particular one because it was greyed out.

I'm in a catch-22: a complete wipe of the device might solve the problem, but without a backup, I also lose many other settings that I can't afford to do without.

My Bold has OS 4.6.0.185 with BES, and I'm using Desktop Manager v4.7. Has anyone else run into this problem? If so, how did you manage to resolve it?

Thanks!
    The PDA Doc!
    BlackBerry Torch 9800

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Doc, instead of trying to clear the MMS options, clear the Browser Data Cache and try the backup again.

Cheers
    Roger

PIN/ID
    2709EE01
    Thanks for responding.

Actually, I had tried that first, as the last time I couldn't complete a backup it was due to that. This time, however, no matter how many times I clear the browser cache, the problem always comes back to that MMS options database.
    The PDA Doc!
    BlackBerry Torch 9800

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I see. And you're clearing that through the Desktop Manager?

PIN/ID
    2709EE01
    Yes, through the Desktop Manager. Now it's sticking on the Quick Contacts database, something else I can't clear. Whatever it is that's causing it, I'm sure a device wipe would do it, but I can't do it without a backup of some sort.

This is one of the instances in which I really wish someone would come out with a device-side backup app. Coming from Windows Mobile, I'm used to being able to restore my backup from the card anywhere.
    The PDA Doc!
    BlackBerry Torch 9800