Help! So I've got my new BlackBerry Bold, installed Desktop Manager 4.7, no problems so ... RIM Desktop Software forum

Inzomniak no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Media Sync - A nice idea if I could get it installed

Advertisement

Help!

So I've got my new BlackBerry Bold, installed Desktop Manager 4.7, no problems so far, but I have also downloaded the latest BlackBerry Media Sync from RIM, and can I get it to install, can I h3ll!

The WinZip Self-Extractor starts running, then I get he following message:

"Setup detected that a Windows System Reboot is necessary before starting the BlackBerry Media Sync installation.
    Please restart your computer before installing the BlackBerry Media Sync software."

I have restarted like 20 times so far and am heading nowhere, I have logged on to my PC with my normal profile, admin profile and even logged in on safe mode, none has made the blindest bit of a difference.

I'm running Vista Ultimate SP1 fully upto date, some please tell me they have had this problem and knows a solution, this is also by the way the first time I have installed BlacBerry Media Sync, no its not an issue of a previous install either.

Cheers

ernsalas no está en línea Stack level 3
    Look on the Blackberry site there is an update!!!

sbrown712 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Have you tried going in and removing all older versions of DM? There are still some issues with 4.7 as I've been told. I actually took 4.7 out of my computer and went back to 4.6. Haven't had any problems since.
    Last edited by sbrown712; 12-19-2008 at 04:54 AM.
    pin: 2488CO6E
    Member of the East Coast Night Owl Club