I downloaded the 4.5 desktop manager with the media manager but when I installed and ... RIM Desktop Software forum

thecoolfool no está en línea Stack level 3

Media Manager not showing up in Desktop Manager v4.5

Advertisement

I downloaded the 4.5 desktop manager with the media manager but when I installed and ran it the media manager isn't there. Why is that? How can I fix it? My pc is running Vista and I already had v4.3.
    Holler at me if you need some fresh ringtones.

Granell1979 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Same Sh#t is happening to me man.

mywifeandkids12 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    i want to know can i connect to internet using my desktop computer using ur blackberry
    Last edited by mywifeandkids12; 06-22-2008 at 10:19 PM.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    In the official DM 4.5 release thread, it was said DM 4.5 on Vista isn't so great.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by thecoolfool View Post
    I downloaded the 4.5 desktop manager with the media manager but when I installed and ran it the media manager isn't there. Why is that? How can I fix it? My pc is running Vista and I already had v4.3.
    You might want to make sure that 4.3 was completely removed, I'm running Vista (Ultimate) and I had that problem, had to attempt the install a few times, and it seemed to not have worked until I noticed that a part of DM 4.3 was still installed. I would check your Programs Files > Research In Motion > Blackberry and make sure that it is completely removed. Reboot and and try the install again.

I also should mention that if you have a SD Card, why use the Media Manager when you could just "Click and Drag" all your Pic, ringtones, etc to the SD as though it was an additional Drive in My Computer, I found that to be easier.

Just A Thought!
    Last edited by DjSmooth; 06-22-2008 at 10:22 PM.

mywifeandkids12 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    i want to know can i connect to the internet for my desktop computer using the blackberry

louisiii no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post
    I also should mention that if you have a SD Card, why use the Media Manager when you could just "Click and Drag" all your Pic, ringtones, etc to the SD as though it was an additional Drive in My Computer, I found that to be easier.

Just A Thought!
    I used to to drag and drop when i had control of tagging my mp3s. Now i have an ipod so i let itunes manage the folders automatically ("too much work" manually). So now if I drag and drop, the songs will show up as track number/track title. No artists or album so albums won't play in order unless I edit all the names to artist/album/track number/track title once they're copied to the SD card. Little stuff, I know but it bugs me knowing that I can sync to an ipod and it artists names, albums, everything is on there. I didn't want to buy an ipod because I have a phone that can make calls and play music but because of storage issues (2 gigs is honestly not enough) and syncing issues I bought one. But now that a bold is supposedly gonna hold 16GB SD card and DM 4.6 is gonna have iTunes sync I can get rid of the ipod...

But Media Manager on Vista with DM 4.5 is slow as hell. I don't even want to continue trying it. And its Roxio Media Manager now, instead of a BB media manager already built in to DM 4.5.

Also, I Dl'ed the 4.5 with media manager english and didn't get the media manager. So I went back and DL'ed 4.5 with media manager multi language and it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by louisiii View Post
    I used to to drag and drop when i had control of tagging my mp3s. Now i have an ipod so i let itunes manage the folders automatically ("too much work" manually). So now if I drag and drop, the songs will show up as track number/track title. No artists or album so albums won't play in order unless I edit all the names to artist/album/track number/track title once they're copied to the SD card. Little stuff, I know but it bugs me knowing that I can sync to an ipod and it artists names, albums, everything is on there. I didn't want to buy an ipod because I have a phone that can make calls and play music but because of storage issues (2 gigs is honestly not enough) and syncing issues I bought one. But now that a bold is supposedly gonna hold 16GB SD card and DM 4.6 is gonna have iTunes sync I can get rid of the ipod...

But Media Manager on Vista with DM 4.5 is slow as hell. I don't even want to continue trying it. And its Roxio Media Manager now, instead of a BB media manager already built in to DM 4.5.

Also, I Dl'ed the 4.5 with media manager english and didn't get the media manager. So I went back and DL'ed 4.5 with media manager multi language and it worked.
    I'll try the multilanguage and see what happens. Thanks everybody.

inc188 no está en línea Stack level 4
    hey

the same happened to me

make sure you Download the MEDIA MANAGER With MEdia English (or what ever language you want)

do not download the first one on the list.. scroll down on that page.. until you see desktop manager with media.

it shoud be a 192mb file NOT 15mb

cheers

Downloaded the multilanguage version with media manager and when I try to install it it says it was interrupted and could not be completed. Says to run it again but when I do the same message comes up. So now I'm stuck with no DM unless I reinstall 4.3. Never had this problem installing earlier versions of DM!!!
    Holler at me if you need some fresh ringtones.