I am, of necessity, running Win2000 Pro, for awhile, and do not get the system ... RIM Desktop Software forum

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3

mass storage/systray icon absent

Advertisement

I am, of necessity, running Win2000 Pro, for awhile, and do not get the system tray icon for disconnecting if the desktop software is installed. If the desktop software is not installed, the icon then appears, as usual.

If the desktop software is installed but has never been run, the icon is not there.

I did eradicate all user settings prior to the afore-mentioned reinstallation.

(The tethered 8100 also tells me it can't connect, but that is a different thread, I suppose.)

Any ideas appreciated.
    ...Yogich

miles_troope no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: mass storage/systray icon absent

Quote Originally Posted by Yogich
    I am, of necessity, running Win2000 Pro, for awhile, and do not get the system tray icon for disconnecting if the desktop software is installed. If the desktop software is not installed, the icon then appears, as usual.

If the desktop software is installed but has never been run, the icon is not there.

I did eradicate all user settings prior to the afore-mentioned reinstallation.

(The tethered 8100 also tells me it can't connect, but that is a different thread, I suppose.)

Any ideas appreciated.
    are you talking about the 'safely remove hardware' icon?
    Miles.

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3
    That's the icon, yes. Apologies.

Further, as one may imagine, the OS software becomes corrupted if BB is improperly disconnected, in that the browser stops loading pages. Other apps which access the web still work, however. I am satisfied of the cause, since it happened three or four times in succession.