I note some but sparse references to Lotus Organizer v. 6.1 in the forum archives. ... RIM Desktop Software forum

MichaelBerry no está en línea Stack level 1

Lotus Organizer not recognized by DM

Advertisement

I note some but sparse references to Lotus Organizer v. 6.1 in the forum archives. Not sure if this means that no one uses it or that no one has figured out how to configure it. I have a brand-new Curve 8310, software 4.2.2, and Lotus Organizer (Organizer, not Notes, just Organizer) already installed on a Windows 2000 PC. Tried to configure Intellisync to synchronize with it, in particular the Calendar module. It offers a range of possible programs, from ASCII to Outlook, including Lotus Organizer, but for everyone of them but ASCII the "choose" button is greyed out. Can't choose it. ASCII isn't much good because it only imports and exports, doesn't sync. I tried adding the Organizer program folder to the PATH, thinking that perhaps Intellisync would use the PATH to search for the program (which is not on the usual C drive). That didn't help either. I tried another BB model, still current but nowadays the last best thing, and got the same results - which suggest either the Desktop Manager software, or the Intellisync software, or perhaps most likely a failure of Intellisync to locate Lotus Organizer on the computer. Anyone know how to nudge it? Anyone know how Intellisync goes about finding programs on the computer? Anyone solved this problem? My BB and BIS provider washes its hands of it. Thanks, MichaelBerry.
    Last edited by MichaelBerry; 09-28-2007 at 02:33 PM.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Lotus Organizer not recognized by DM

Welcome to PinStack.com!

What version of desktop manager do you have installed?

Also see:
    http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...200%2029917909

Problem has been solved. The old standby: Uninstall Lotus Organizer, reinstall it. This time though, I let it choose it's own destination on the drive, instead of installing it to a more convenient location. It now works. Reminds me of a story: A car is travelling with a driver and 3 passengers inside, each one of them an engineer. Suddenly there is a banging noise, a cloud of black smoke and the car stutters to a halt. The chemical engineer says, "it's that lousy gas we bought at the cheap no-name station, you can see all that black smoke, we're going to have to siphon out all the gas and refill the tank". The electrical engineer says no, that to him the way it spluttered meant that the timing sounded off and he would need to readjust the points. The mechanical engineer disagrees, he says that from the sound of the bang the crankshaft could be damaged, certainly the pistons will need some work.... The driver, a computer software engineer has another idea: "Why don't we all get out, close all the doors, then reopen the doors, get back in and restart the engine?" Hey, it works.

telseek no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey Michael, I've got the same problem, but am a long way from my OR5 install media. Can you tell me what the default organizer file locations are so I can try and fudge the install so it works with DM?

Quote Originally Posted by telseek View Post
    Hey Michael, I've got the same problem, but am a long way from my OR5 install media. Can you tell me what the default organizer file locations are so I can try and fudge the install so it works with DM?
    Hi, sorry to have missed your message... I stopped checking after my last message, figuring that the problem was solved - or at least, had solved itself. Did you find a way to connect with Organizer? Note that you need version 6.0 minimum for it to work with DM. MB.