Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

i downloaded the desktop manager 5.0 for the blackberry pearl 8100, which i have. Restart ... RIM Desktop Software forum

them47 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

i downloaded the desktop manager 5.0 for the blackberry pearl 8100, which i have.
    Restart
    Downloaded the 4.5 OS
    Restart
    Deleted the Vendor XML
    Removed my media card
    Opened desktop manager with the device in
    First step" CHECKING FOR UPDATES, and i get this message

Handheld Application Loader Wizard has stopped working...
    A problem cause the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available..
    I Cant even update it, it says No updates are available..

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Sorry about your problems, them. It can be very frustrating.

Sounds like you need to re-download the Desktop Manager. I'd recommend uninstalling 5.0 completely, but be advised that if you do it that way, it will probably remove your OS along with it in which case you will need to re-download the OS.

By the way, Desktop Manager is NOT device specific......the OS is, so I'm hoping you meant that you downloaded the OS for the 8100.

You obviously need to have a little patience to do these things, but we'll be here with you every step of the way!

Roger

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Roger, Is DM 5.0 a problem for devices like the 8100 and OS 4.5 as far as you know. I haven't heard of any issue like that but I'm still using DM 4.6 so what would I know! (It was just a thought.)
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

would i have a better chance using 4.6?

I can't say. 5.0 is probably fine. I just haven't had a need to upgrade from 4.6 so I haven't. 4.7 was a bit of a "toot" - I tried it and went back. Why don't you want to hear - I think Roger uses it (and others) - you might wait to hear from someone who uses 5.0 before you move away from it.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

I'm sorry.....been in and out this afternoon. I actually did mean to mention that you should try the 4.6 version as that is/was the most stable for most people.

I'm using 5.0, but have yet to do an upgrade with it, so it's best to stick with the 4.6 DM for now.

I would have to agree with Roger. DM 4.6 would at least take one element of your problems out of the picture. I think it's one of the more stable pieces of software out there. Keep posting your progress and we'll get you through this.

Roger, you've been a trooper in this thread - kudos!

i cant even see any icons on Desktop Manager 4.6, it automatically shuts down

them,
    You have to be more specific in your posts. It's hard to figure out what you're saying! Did you install DM 4.6 on your p-c? Did you select the option to have it execute every time your p-c boot up? Have you re-booted your p-c just in case that would help? What have you done. Did you reinstall your BB OS - I'm assuming you lost it when you installed DM. Need more specific info?

do u know what version this is?

http://www.blackberry.com/newsletter...ager-thumb.jpg

this was the one i was using before i lost my disc

Quote Originally Posted by them47 View Post
    do u know what version this is?

http://www.blackberry.com/newsletter...ager-thumb.jpg

this was the one i was using before i lost my disc
    No, but it's older than 4.6. I don't remember where the format changed but it did and that's definitely an older version.

This link was posted in post #5 of this thread. Did you go there to download DM 4.5 or whichever one you want to install. You can only use/have one version installed on your p-c. Not sure which one you chose or are trying to use.

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    No, but it's older than 4.6. I don't remember where the format changed but it did and that's definitely an older version.
    the older version was the one that worked for me

them47,

Respectfully, you have enough info in this thread to do everything you need to do. All you have to do is go back and use it. Included in the link that was posted in post #5 and my post #42 are links some very old versions of Desktop Manager if you want to use them - personally, I wouldn't even consider going back beyond 4.6. The ball is in your court. Please, let us know if you need anything else.

So where are we in the process?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast