Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

it might be under a diff path then C: but u should have it if ... RIM Desktop Software forum

brianjr1988 no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Advertisement

it might be under a diff path then C: but u should have it if u have the dm software installed

them47 no está en línea Stack level 2
    is there something that my phone cant be able to use this?
    look at this pic, and it still shows nothing

http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/o...ntitled999.jpg

PIN/ID
    just ask
    them 47
    your bb cd proly did not have 4.7 ver on it i take it as i would try and downgrade again.

i also see u are on a 4.2 os u should really think about geting 4.5.0.162 and try and get the desktop manager 5.0 u will also need to remove the vendor file from this path "whatever letter it is for your main drive then :\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\" in the apploader folder remove the vendor.xml

then download the bb os 4.5.0.162 from here https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...356FCC56D801D1

after u install that then download dm 5.0 or uninstall the 4.7 reboot and install it again and reboot again to see if it works and then update your os and see if the dm works

i downloaded the 4.5 off the website with the media manager
    Not a 4.7

PIN/ID
    just ask
    the 4.5 i was talking about is the os u need to download the desktop software is something else in the screenshot i posted u are runnin a old os and should update it i was pointing out that and then i said to get the desktop manager 5.0 which is new..

puppylove no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by brianjr1988 View Post
    the 4.5 i was talking about is the os u need to download the desktop software is something else in the screenshot i posted u are runnin a old os and should update it i was pointing out that and then i said to get the desktop manager 5.0 which is new..
    Huh? Your last post is really hard to follow. Could you please add a little punctuation and be a little more specific?
    What goes around, comes around.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    them47,

What you need to do is a clean uninstall of Desktop Manager following these instructions.

Once you have done this, please download and install Desktop Manager 5.0 from here.

When that is finished, download and install the 4.5 OS for your device which you will find here. Choose the first one in the list after you have selected your device, which is 4.5.0.124.

After the OS has been downloaded and installed on your PC, follow these instructions for upgrading your device.

Please post back if you have additional questions/concerns.

Cheers,
    Roger

I downloaded it, what now???
    i cant find it...

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Them47, when you downloaded there was an option to save - it should be saved to thatlocation and that's where the exec copy is.
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.160 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106

Quote Originally Posted by them47 View Post
    I downloaded it, what now???
    i cant find it...
    Please be a little more explicit. What are you referencing when you say you've "downloaded it"?

Thanks,
    Roger

i downloaded the 4.5 OS
    now how do i update my phone?

it keeps saying,
    Handheld Application Loader Wizard has stopped working...
    A problem cause the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available..
    I Cant even update it, it says No updates are available..

and how do i check if my firewalls on the program?

Forget it, it wasnt the firewall
    Last edited by them47; 07-31-2009 at 03:56 PM.

LOL! Forget what? I know it's frustrating when you're not sure what to do. I posted all the information you should need in post #22.

Please don't hesitate to post back if you have more questions that there are answers in those links I posted above.

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    LOL! Forget what? I know it's frustrating when you're not sure what to do. I posted all the information you should need in post #22.

Please don't hesitate to post back if you have more questions that there are answers in those links I posted above.

it keeps saying,
    Handheld Application Loader Wizard has stopped working...
    A problem cause the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available..
    I Cant even update it, it says No updates are available..

i cant even get passed the first step
    Last edited by them47; 07-31-2009 at 04:05 PM.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    them47, Have you installed the 4.5 OS to your computer? Please list (explicitly) all the steps that you have taken from Rogro's post. We want to help you but you must give us more information so we can understand what you're doing, where you are in the process and whether you have done the steps in the order they are required.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast