Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Hi guys I have a 7130E , I have used desktop manager before and Clicked ... RIM Desktop Software forum

doolz no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Loading applications via desktop manager...

Advertisement

Hi guys I have a 7130E , I have used desktop manager before and Clicked Application loader before all my apps show and stuff where i can delete and add. I have also added via OTA also. But now that i go to use the Desktop manager When i go to Application loader it loads , but shows up nothing in my phone and when i add a App , there is a xml syntax error , does anyone know whats going on and why? I wouldn't mind some help thanks.

SCF123 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    I got around the gmail problem by going to my gmail account on my pc and setting all mail to be forwarded to my BB.
    How do you do that?

happiicamper no está en línea Stack level 1

I had the same problem on my new ATT 8310...

This fixes the problem with not being able to load programs thru the Desktop manager!!!

"I received the error message "No additional applications designed for your handheld were found" while trying to install the application."

For installing third-party applications you need two different desktop installer packages:
    1. The Desktop Manager software
    2.The Handheld Applications installer
    </SPAN>
    The Desktop Manager will not allow third-party applications to be loaded until the BlackBerry Handheld Applications are installed on the desktop. So the user must first run the Handheld Applications installer. The Handheld Applications installer includes the actual "Handheld Code" or "Handheld Software" which is carrier dependent and can be downloaded from your carrier's website.
    Last edited by happiicamper; 10-19-2007 at 11:36 AM.

Eross1996 no está en línea Stack level 1

I've added wallpapers and themes using desktop mgr succesfully, looked for them under Pictures but can't find them on my 7100g. And, I've already DL'd the Handheld Applications software. What step am I missing?
    Last edited by Eross1996; 10-28-2007 at 04:35 AM.

d99m no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey all... Noob here. Just got the Verizon 8130, and LOOOOOOOVE it. But alas, I'm having the same issue with loading software. I've got the new DS 4.3 (which, BTW, is pretty neat), but can't get any third party apps to load. Anyone have any idea where I can get the Handheld Applications installer for Verizon? Checked their web site and googled it...no dice.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Oh yeah, also, Google Maps won't open: "error starting gmaps$2d164$2dm2_L1: module gmaps$2d164$2dm2_L1 has verification error2937 at offset 0f8d"

Any ideas?

Cheers!

bjreimann no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    317A13A2

I'm having the same problem and the Verizon rep told me the third party applications need to catch up and update for the newer blackberry and software. Not sure if this is correct....?

rrr
    rrr no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    242c8ee7

I just bought a 8310 from AT&T. I noticed Happiicamper had the same issue...but fixed the problem. When I go to the AT&T website for the file it appears to be an older version than what is currently on my handheld? should I load...or not?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by rrr View Post
    I just bought a 8310 from AT&T. I noticed Happiicamper had the same issue...but fixed the problem. When I go to the AT&T website for the file it appears to be an older version than what is currently on my handheld? should I load...or not?
    rrr -- what OS do you currently have on your bb? let's see if we can find that one...then load it and your DM will work

rrr
    PIN/ID
    242c8ee7

I show v4.2.2.170 (Platform 2.5.0.30) Is that what you need to know. First bb...I know almost nothing. :-)

PIN/ID
    ATA

rrr -- go here:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4

in the second section on the drop down menu there is a choice for 8310
    it is 4.2.2.170
    download and install

rrr
    PIN/ID
    242c8ee7

Wooohooo! Success. Thanks so much for your help. And so quickly, too. I appreciate it cherrichiodo.

ljnelke no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi. I am new to Blackberry having used a Treo 650 for years. Now I have the Pearl 8130. It is so new I think Verizon, BB, Audible, and others haven't caught up yet. I cannot load applications either. I tried to load a "Simple Checklist" program in .cod format, and that's what generated this forum search. I extracted both files (checklist.alx and checklist.cod) to a folder on my desktop, but when I try to "add" the .alx file, I get that same error, "No additional applications designed for your handheld were found". I've emailed the vendor and we're corresponding via email about the problem.

Audible.com's books won't work because I cannot log in to their service after loading the books. They're working on the problem. Also, when trying to run the Audible program (which was an OTA download), I keep getting a permission screen, "The application Audible has attempted to open local content. Would you like to allow this?" I have to click "yes" to no fewer than 10 of these screens each time I try to run the program until I get to the home screen. Then if I try to listen to a book, I cannot because I cannot log in. So that's why I think it is just that Verizon didn't have all the bugs worked out before they released this puppy. Their "techs" claim I have all the latest software that came on the CD, so I don't know what else to load. Here's what's on it according to the Desktop Manager: Blackberry Device Manager v 4.3.0.7; BBDevMgr v 4.0.0.1; RIM USB Driver v. 4.0.0.2; RIM USB Serial Driver v 2.1.0.4; Application Loader v 4.3.0.13; RIMProgram 1.0.0.35 and then the Destop Manager is v 4.3.0.15.

PIN/ID
    ATA

lj -- welcome to the stacks

you will also need your device OS installed on your PC...check my signature - last line. same issue with you, just change up the 8320 or 8310 to say 8130

i don't think there is an OS available for your bb yet, as verizon is slow releasing it. once it has released, then you load it on to your PC and DM will work for you after that.

alternatively, you can try the app in OTA format (wireless download).

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705

I keep getting the same stupid error message! no additional applications designed for your handheld were found....Please sumone help. This is getting annoying. what am I doing wrong? I upgraded to 4.3 and still the same.

bjreimann no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    317A13A2

Verizon has updated the device software for your PC - you can get it now from the Verizon website - you'll see 8130 as one of your device choices. I just downloaded it and the application loader works perfectly!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast