Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Hi, I'm facing the same problem. Application Loader shows "Error - no additional applications designed ... RIM Desktop Software forum

mikee09 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Loading applications via desktop manager...

Advertisement

Hi,

I'm facing the same problem. Application Loader shows "Error - no additional applications designed for your handheld were found" when I selected the alx file.

Didn't seem like it was answered in this post. Can someone please help?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

mikee - what device do you have? what version DM are you running? what are you trying to load? theme, game, app?

8830 from Verizon
    DM 4.2.1.6

I'm trying to load MSDict Oxford Dictionary.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by mikee09
    Hi,

I'm facing the same problem. Application Loader shows "Error - no additional applications designed for your handheld were found" when I selected the alx file.

Didn't seem like it was answered in this post. Can someone please help?
    -

Do you have the current Handheld Software file installed on your PC? This may be required for Applications loader to recognise new software when attempting to use the Add button.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

What is the Handheld Software file and how do I install it?

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._released.html

follow that link mikee09 and then click on the link given in that thread. follow the directions and you'll download sp2 english. once it's dl to your pc, dbl click on the exe file & let it install to your pc. i think you may have to reboot once it's done. i had to in order to get roxio media manager to work.

sjb4 no está en línea Stack level 3

I am having the same problem. I have desktop manager Ver 4.2.2.14 (Apr 27 2007), and it will not recognize the unzipped .alx files for Monopoly Tycoon 2007 or Texas Hold'em Kind 2 which I dl'd from the BB Owner's lounge website.

Can anyone assist me? I deleted the vendor XML file as well , and Desktop Mgr still does not recognize the .alx files in apploader. What am I doing wrong?

PIN/ID
    ATA

sjb - i am assuming that you are trying to upgrade your OS? that would be the only reason for deleting the xml file. and then...what alx file are you trying to upload to your bb? the OS won't be in the form of an alx file.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    sjb - i am assuming that you are trying to upgrade your OS? that would be the only reason for deleting the xml file. and then...what alx file are you trying to upload to your bb? the OS won't be in the form of an alx file.

I am trying to upload Monopoly Tycoon, which I got off of Blackberry Owners Lounge. The file is unzipped and it is the correct version for my phone (81xx). When I click the "Add" button in Apploader and select the .alx file for the game, I get a message stating that there are no other applications found (or somethig along that line). Basically, apploader is not recognizing .alx files on my computer.

I have the most recent version of Desktop manager that I could find on BB website (Ver 4.2.2.14) amd my phone is using v4.2.1.96 (platform 2.3.0.78).

Any idea what I am missing here?

Eloquence no está en línea Stack level 2

bump. I'd really appreciate some help on this too. I want Opera Mini to be installed via DM since I can't get OTA to work.

DM doesn't work for ANY 3rd party software. I always get that same error message like sjb above.

-Elo

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4

Meeeeeeeeeee toooo!!!!! Every dang time I try to upload anything from the DM which I just updated today! I just got an 8320 and nothing but nothing will load without that error

PIN/ID
    ATA

lovin2act ^^ for anyone who bought the 8320, you will need to download the TMO OS that was released on Monday to your PC, install it, and hook up bb/run Desktop Manager.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._software.html

After you do this, you will be able to load apps/alx files thru DM.

If it still doesn't work, then i would guess that whatever you are trying to download isn't compatible with your BB.

SoldatCrinale no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    lovin2act ^^ for anyone who bought the 8320, you will need to download the TMO OS that was released on Monday to your PC, install it, and hook up bb/run Desktop Manager.

After you do this, you will be able to load apps/alx files thru DM.

If it still doesn't work, then i would guess that whatever you are trying to download isn't compatible with your BB.
    yeah but the monopoly software should be compatible right?i tried that..and to avail.i also get application can not find additional programs....frustration is killing me.

MartinM no está en línea Stack level 1

same here on my 8310 (Vodafone CH). Although the device is not locked, i cannot load any software. It's even worse. I installed the device software, the most recent one, and it does not show any options in loader. I have no problem adding files OTA. I cannot upgrade the OS to anyithing newer than what i have now 4.2.2.114 / loader.exe is 4.2.2.15

any ideas?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast