I have just been given a Blackberry from work, which is on an Enterprise server. ... RIM Desktop Software forum

Kiers no está en línea Stack level 1

Limiting Outlook Sync

Advertisement

I have just been given a Blackberry from work, which is on an Enterprise server. I have always used Outlook at home for personal Calendar and Contacts. Is there a way of Syncing the personal ones at home and preventing transfer to my work Outlook? I dont use the Calendar or Contact features at work at all, just the email. As an option, is there a 3rd party suite of Apps that covers Calendar or Contacts so that the work Outlook wont have visibility? Many thanks for any help on this.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Limiting Outlook Sync

Quote Originally Posted by Kiers View Post
    I have just been given a Blackberry from work, which is on an Enterprise server. I have always used Outlook at home for personal Calendar and Contacts. Is there a way of Syncing the personal ones at home and preventing transfer to my work Outlook? I dont use the Calendar or Contact features at work at all, just the email. As an option, is there a 3rd party suite of Apps that covers Calendar or Contacts so that the work Outlook wont have visibility? Many thanks for any help on this.
    Unfortunately i do not think there is a way to do so. If you are on the BES the wireless sync will hit the BIG 5: Mail, calender, tasks, memos, address book. I do not believe there is a way to stop the sync on one of these and keep on the others, but if it is possible your IT department will be the ones to set that up. Hope it helps. Welcome to the Stacks.

Kiers no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Limiting Outlook Sync

Thanks for that, I was afraid that was the case. So what about some other software that I could use on the Pearl that would function as Calender and Contacts, but that the BES couldnt touch? On my PPC with Windows CE I used Fusion Agenda, is there a Blackberry equivalent? Cheers for the welcome Eddie.