Hey everyone. I'm new to the board and have a question that I hope someone ... RIM Desktop Software forum

xdenyeverything no está en línea Stack level 1

Launching Desktop Manager fails..

Advertisement

Hey everyone.

I'm new to the board and have a question that I hope someone can help. So I got the new Blackberry Curve from TMobile (Awesome phone), and I installed the Blackberry Desktop Manager yesterday. Everything is fine, except when I try to launch it, it shows up for 1 second and closes unexpectedly.

I'm on Microsoft Vista. And I know this problem has come across before but I think I pretty much tried everything (clean uninstall, enable UCA and then installing it, and Running the application as Administrator. Still nothing.

I did the whole Command Prompt and Type regsvr32 RIMDeviceManagerps.dl and it successfully registered it.

Another cause is: Incorrect access permissions are set for the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\RIMDeviceManager.DeviceManager key.

I could not give myself access to add permission. It keeps saying Access Denied.

I really don't know what to do other than do a clean/reformat my hard drive in hopes that whatever is causing the problem will be resolved.

Thanks.

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1

Re: Launching Desktop Manager fails..

you can try doing a system restore in safe mode befor you reformat. i had the same problem way back and if that doesnt work you can reinstall vista as an upgrade if you have your disc so you dont lose all your files i have done that to. hope this helps

xdenyeverything no está en línea Stack level 1

I actually didn't think about doing the installation as an upgrade with the CD so my files aren't lost. Thanks! Im going to try that if the system restore doesn't work.

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1

it worked really well for me. the uprade process took a while but i didnt lose any info. glad i could

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3

Also as weird as it sounds you need to make sure when you isntall it that you install it for all users. If you try to install it for just the account you are logged in with a lot of the time it will cause issues.