Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

how do i put these files onto my bb pearl if i do not have ... RIM Desktop Software forum

unionjack no está en línea Stack level 2

Jad and jar files do not work through desktop manager

Advertisement

how do i put these files onto my bb pearl if i do not have a data plan? (fyi the files i am trying to put on are games.)

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Jad and jar files do not work through desktop manager

There is no easy way to put Jad/Jar files on your BB without doing an OTA install, that is the purpose of these files.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

The data plan seems like a must doesnt it.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

It would make life a lot easier UnionJack. Not sure who your carrier is, but TMO has a $19.99 unlimited data add-on.

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

yeah although I didnt need a dat plan either the benefits are great now that I have one. Trust me once you get it, it will all make sense. Get ready to have a catharsis

could u direct me to a place where i can download games that i can put on my bb through dm

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by unionjack
    could u direct me to a place where i can download games that i can put on my bb through dm
    UnionJack, you can try the BB Downloads section of this site (top tool bar) for many free apps. You can also search the BB Shop for something that might interest you. www.handango.com is also an option.

melerant no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    32C029E1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~heres a site check it out. www.mobilerated.com

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

You can also try http://www.magmic.com/

all these game files are jad and jar which are the files i cant use. i need alx

Exod no está en línea Stack level 1

Try search, read and apply this: on pdastreet.com posts about HOWTO: upload midlets (third party software) to your blackberry for all, even BWC!

Dru100 no está en línea Stack level 1

theres a post somewhere on how to convert jar and jad files to alx but its not very detailed anybody knos where a more detailed one is?

Dru100 no está en línea Stack level 1

help please! i got just one game on my bb and its really borin i need more i need rescuing from brickbreaker

metal666 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a solution that doesn't require OTA download or any converters.

I have a bb pearl and had the same problem because I didn't purchase the browser option. But I eventually figured it out.
    When you got your bb pearl, it probably came with the CD that you used to install the Desktop Manager. Well this version of Desktop Manager doesn't recognize (or whatever...I'm no computer wiz) JAD or JAR files. Both the Application Loader and the Media Manager can't, on all versions of the Desktop Manager thus far for the bb pearl (from what I've seen).

To the point (INSTRUCTIONS): As far as my knowledge goes, you can't use the Application Loader to install JAD and JAR files onto your phone. However, if you download the newest version of the Desktop Manager from blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do you can use the Media Manager to download them instead.
    In the drop-down menu, you'll see "Blackberry Desktop Software v4.3"
    Select it, and hit next. Proceed to download it.

After you do that, you can download an application (games, programs, etc) from a hosting site such as mobilerated.com (downloading both the JAR file WITHOUT unzipping it) and the JAD file to your computer).

Then, connect your bb pearl to your computer. Once it is done synchronizing (you may have to reconfigure the synchronizing application), open the Media Manager (not the Application Loader), and select your bb's Device Memory (NOT Media Card) in the bottom-left hand corner, right click, and create a new folder. Name the folder whatever you want (I called mine Applications). Then, just copy and paste your JAD AND JAR files into that folder (the bottom-right section of the window). It should prompt you with a window (I forget what it says). Click OK.

That is all you need to do on your computer; close the Media Manager.

Then on the bb pearl, select the Media application. You should be looking at a screen divided into four sections, containing ringtones, music, pictures, and videos. Then on that screen, press the Menu button (just to the left of the Trackball). You should see an option that says "Explore." Select that and click it. Then, open the "Device Memory" folder. There, you should see the new folder you created on the Media Manager, as well as four others (videos, pictures, music, and ringtones). Open the new folder. Inside you should see the JAD and JAR files you uploaded to your phone. Select the JAR (NOT JAD) file and click it. This should bring you to a page that gives a brief description of the application, containing the name, creator, etc. There should also be two buttons below the description: one says "Download" and the other says "Cancel." Select "Download." While it downloads, the bb may tell you that the application may not be from a "trusted source." Just click "Yes" (unless your application is from a sketchy website). The download bar will fill up, and when it's done, it should say "The application was downloaded successfully." Click "OK" or "Run" if you're just dying to play the game. If you clicked "OK," it should have taken you back to the list of JAD and JAR files.

Now if you go back to the desktop of your bb, and press the menu button for the list of applications, your program should be in there. Sometimes it will have an icon, sometimes it is just a black square-like icon. It doesn't really matter. You now should be able to run your application.

One last thing. If you chose to use mobilerated.com to download the application, take notice that in the top left corner of the window after you've opened up a game page, it tells you a bunch of information, including the distribution. If the distribution says "Full Version," you can download it, and not have to worry about anything. But if it says "Free Ad-Supported," then you must have the browser option on your phone to install it because it will ask to connect to the internet while you run the application so that it can present the Ads. Since I don't have the browser, I don't know what to do in that scenario.

Anyways, thats how you install JAD and JAR files onto your bb pearl.
    I don't use this website all that much, so if you try to contact me via this site, I most likely will not answer you.

Have fun,

Andy

Guns4Hire no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by metal666 View Post
    I have a solution that doesn't require OTA download or any converters.

I have a bb pearl and had the same problem because I didn't purchase the browser option. But I eventually figured it out.
    When you got your bb pearl, it probably came with the CD that you used to install the Desktop Manager. Well this version of Desktop Manager doesn't recognize (or whatever...I'm no computer wiz) JAD or JAR files. Both the Application Loader and the Media Manager can't, on all versions of the Desktop Manager thus far for the bb pearl (from what I've seen).

To the point (INSTRUCTIONS): As far as my knowledge goes, you can't use the Application Loader to install JAD and JAR files onto your phone. However, if you download the newest version of the Desktop Manager from blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do you can use the Media Manager to download them instead.
    In the drop-down menu, you'll see "Blackberry Desktop Software v4.3"
    Select it, and hit next. Proceed to download it.

After you do that, you can download an application (games, programs, etc) from a hosting site such as mobilerated.com (downloading both the JAR file WITHOUT unzipping it) and the JAD file to your computer).

Then, connect your bb pearl to your computer. Once it is done synchronizing (you may have to reconfigure the synchronizing application), open the Media Manager (not the Application Loader), and select your bb's Device Memory (NOT Media Card) in the bottom-left hand corner, right click, and create a new folder. Name the folder whatever you want (I called mine Applications). Then, just copy and paste your JAD AND JAR files into that folder (the bottom-right section of the window). It should prompt you with a window (I forget what it says). Click OK.

That is all you need to do on your computer; close the Media Manager.

Then on the bb pearl, select the Media application. You should be looking at a screen divided into four sections, containing ringtones, music, pictures, and videos. Then on that screen, press the Menu button (just to the left of the Trackball). You should see an option that says "Explore." Select that and click it. Then, open the "Device Memory" folder. There, you should see the new folder you created on the Media Manager, as well as four others (videos, pictures, music, and ringtones). Open the new folder. Inside you should see the JAD and JAR files you uploaded to your phone. Select the JAR (NOT JAD) file and click it. This should bring you to a page that gives a brief description of the application, containing the name, creator, etc. There should also be two buttons below the description: one says "Download" and the other says "Cancel." Select "Download." While it downloads, the bb may tell you that the application may not be from a "trusted source." Just click "Yes" (unless your application is from a sketchy website). The download bar will fill up, and when it's done, it should say "The application was downloaded successfully." Click "OK" or "Run" if you're just dying to play the game. If you clicked "OK," it should have taken you back to the list of JAD and JAR files.

Now if you go back to the desktop of your bb, and press the menu button for the list of applications, your program should be in there. Sometimes it will have an icon, sometimes it is just a black square-like icon. It doesn't really matter. You now should be able to run your application.

One last thing. If you chose to use mobilerated.com to download the application, take notice that in the top left corner of the window after you've opened up a game page, it tells you a bunch of information, including the distribution. If the distribution says "Full Version," you can download it, and not have to worry about anything. But if it says "Free Ad-Supported," then you must have the browser option on your phone to install it because it will ask to connect to the internet while you run the application so that it can present the Ads. Since I don't have the browser, I don't know what to do in that scenario.

Anyways, thats how you install JAD and JAR files onto your bb pearl.
    I don't use this website all that much, so if you try to contact me via this site, I most likely will not answer you.

Have fun,

Andy

Im curious. When installing the java games like you say, Im able to run them just fine. But when I go back to the main screen (icons) and go back into the media section everything is there. But I have no easy way to run the game unless I download the jar file again and then click run.

Is that how its supposed to work or am I missing the 'run' function somewhere?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast