I have DTM 4.5 installed on my Windows (XP Pro) desktop. it's worked fine up ... RIM Desktop Software forum

ablefton no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a0f56c

Question Intellisync won't connect issue

Advertisement

I have DTM 4.5 installed on my Windows (XP Pro) desktop. it's worked fine up until yesterday. When I plug in my cable to the BB 8800, the DTM shows the PIN connection, but when I attempt to sync, I get an error message saying the Intellisync 'failed to connect to the device'. I also notice the 8800 desktop shows the connection, but it can flicker on/off.

I've repaired, uninstalled, reinstalled and still no connection. I tried the same thing on my laptop (w/Vista) and get the same error message. I've noticed that the USB port on my 8800 seems to wiggle a bit. Has anyone else had this problem, and if it's the USB port, is it fixable??
    Thanks.
    -------------------------------
    Andrew (Gaithersburg, MD)

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hey Andrew,

Is your device fairly new, meaning would a warranty exchange be possible? Replacing the USB port is doable, but pricey, especially if you use one of the BlackBerry repair services available.

If no warranty, do you have insurance on your device?

Roger

PIN/ID
    24a0f56c
    It's sort of strange. When I plug the USB cable in, like when I'm charging the BB, it works fine. It's only when I'm using DTM that I get the 'can't connect' error. Perhaps the cable is faulty; I'll try that later. Thanks again.

rpetit no está en línea Stack level 1

Same issue with 8110

I have the same issue with my 8110. It charges, if removed and reinstalled and even switched cables. I know the usb is working as it detects thumb drives etc. This issue started a few days ago. Can anyone help?

mcbml no está en línea Stack level 2
    same to my 8320 curve when synchroise with my laptop using vista.
    cant connect to device almost a week except charging with usb cable.
    it worked fine before.
    dont know what happend but still cant fix it.

mcbml no está en línea Stack level 2
    would it be java problems I earlier got an update?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    I just encountered this error tonight while upgrading to a BETA. I believe some how a database or file was corrupt.

I did multiple uninstalls and installs of the Desktop Manager 4.5 and OS. Nothing seemed to work. I also did reboots of my PC and Blackberry. Still didn't have any luck.

Finally I went to my last resort and did a wipe with jl_cmder. It seemed to have worked and I'm on my way to getting everything back to normal.

Hope this helps

PIN/ID
    24a0f56c

DTM emergency over

For no apparent reason, the problem resolved itself after a couple of uninstalls/installs. No rhyme or reason. Oh well.

basic no está en línea Stack level 2
    same problem - went back to DM 4.2. (also on vista with an 8320) tried a couple of times to upgrade to 4.5, then 4.6 and each time just refused to connect. had to de-install and re-install 4.2.

johnslatem no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry device error

I have been using BB 8310 for last 4 months on Vista Business and about two weeks ago experienced the same error message. I don't think it has anything to do with the USB cable, DTM recognises the Pin and the BB is detected - it just won't synch and throws up the "device error".
    Re-installs don't work, Vodafone are useless at understanding the problem, I'm about to throw it back at them because it's not "fit for purpose". The only thing is does is fill my Inbox up with RIM network messages".
    I like the suggestion about a Java or Vista update and will investigate.
    Last edited by johnslatem; 11-24-2008 at 06:21 PM.