Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

At least I now know that I didn't screw something up...I am getting the same ... RIM Desktop Software forum

Dano1969 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    302218F3

Advertisement

At least I now know that I didn't screw something up...I am getting the same error with syncing.

somerandomdude no está en línea Stack level 1

Post Had This Problem For 5 Days After Months Of Flawless Syncs...Need Advice!!!

Hey Everyone,

I have been watching this forum for a few days now hoping someone would come up with an answer. I figured I would just join in at this point. I too am having the error pop up when trying to sync my Curve to my Yahoo! account.

This is awful for me because I am extremely obsessive compulsive about my notepad and calendar, and as thus, I check them both religously and sync my Curve with Yahoo! sometimes up to 10 times/day. In fact, this is the main reason I have a Blackberry. Furthermore, I really liked the simplicity of Yahoo's interface, and that everything was online rather than stored on my hard drive (even though with the way things are looking now, that probably was not the best way of going about it).

Anyway, I just have 2 questions. First, has anyone come up with a solution yet to this problem syncing with Yahoo!? And second, I noticed some posts about people being very pleased with Google Calendar. However, I would much rather use software that I was able to sync through USB, using Blackberry Desktop Manager, rather than OTA. Does anyone know of a good alternative to Yahoo! that can achieve this, other than MS Outlook? Once again, I am not a huge fan of Outlook because of the fact that my data is not accessible from any computer, only my own, as well as it being much more complex than Yahoo!

If anyone can give me any advice of any kind on this matter I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks Everyone

leahcimp no está en línea Stack level 1
    I don't think anyone has found a solution for this. I have noticed that the problem is slowly appearing on other boards, and it'll probably continue as the occasional syncers discover it.

I will probably give it some more time (a week or so) before moving away from Yahoo. However, I did look at Google Calendar and it's really nice (and fast of course!) You can also put together a nice home page using iGoogle, without the ads that Yahoo has recently added. Definitely something to consider.

JenR no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Discovered a Solution!

I've been having the same problems for the last 2 days when trying to sync with my Yahoo! calendar. According to Verizon, there's an update issue with Yahoo!. In the meantime, I did a COMPLETE uninstall of DM 4.3 and installed DM 4.2 SP2 without Media and it worked! I hope this can help for you too.

dingusboy no está en línea Stack level 1
    I saw that Yahoo has a new sync program that does not work with BB, only Palm. It is almost as if Yahoo treats BB as an unlicensed third party program. I took the previous advise and migrated my Yahoo Calendar to Google Calendar. Much more impressive, and I don't have to connect to my computer to sync.

LandLockedPH no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'll give it another day or two. I've been using Yahoo! Mail and Calendar for years and hate to move away. But I'm really getting tired of this mess!

Dano1969 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    302218F3
    I updated my OS at this link http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-...downloads.html and seemed to correct the problem. Not sure who fixed what but the sync with Yahoo works perfectly. Hope it helps everyone else.

LandLockedPH no está en línea Stack level 1
    Mine seems to be working tonight.

kctkane no está en línea Stack level 1
    Mine's working tonight too. I didn't change anything and it was broken last night and last week. So one would guess that Yahoo fixed something.

leahcimp no está en línea Stack level 1
    Mine's working too now... I guess it's fixed. However, I'm really diggin' that Google calendar now... I may switch anyway!

dingusboy no está en línea Stack level 1
    Sticking with Google. It's easier for my sec. to add items and I can update ota. Great option!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123