I have recently started using a BB 7100g on our company BES. I have desktop ... RIM Desktop Software forum

murli_r no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Inconsistent sync with Lotus Notes

Advertisement

I have recently started using a BB 7100g on our company BES. I have desktop manager and device versions 4.1 and my email is on Lotus Notes ver 6.5. When I use the dm to sync, I often get the following message -- "The mail file specified by the current location document cannot be opened on the server. Message synchronization cannot continue." I usually press OK to continue and immediately try again -- surprisingly sync goes through, though at times it takes 3-4 retries with nothing else changed!! Would appreciate help in figuring out what is happening and how to avoid this irritation. Thanks in advance. Best regards. Murli

jhoetzl no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Inconsistent sync with Lotus Notes

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    1. In your location doc, do you have the email address filled in?

2. In your personal address book, do you have any connection docs that specifically tell the notes client and DM how to get to the server.

murli_r no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Inconsistent sync with Lotus Notes

Thanks, jhoetzl, for a quick response. I am no expert -- but the redirector settings have my email id correct and the BES server name configured correctly. I do not know anything about "connection docs" -- how would I find out more details about this? Incidentally, my PIM is synched with MS Outlook -- I have disabled PIM sync and tried email sync alone -- the problem has remained unchanged. Best regards.

RJeffDay no está en línea Stack level 2
    To find out more about 'Connection Documents' you will need to get your Lotus Notes Admin involved.

From what I understand, a Lotus Notes Connection Document is kind of like 'hard coding' a connection between two different servers.

IE: I have to have my Lotus Notes Admin create a connection document from my BES to a distant Lotus Notes Server before any of the users on the distant Lotus Notes server can receive mail from the BES on their devices. (YES... Even though I already have a connection document between MY Lotus Notes server and the distant Lotus Notes server (for their 'laptop' mail) I *STILL* have to have a connection document created from my BES to the distant Lotus Notes server.)

Make sense?