I searched around but may not have phrased my query correctly to find an answer. ... RIM Desktop Software forum

BBRoy no está en línea Stack level 2

IMAP Calendar Sync

Advertisement

I searched around but may not have phrased my query correctly to find an answer.

I am using IMAP with my company Exchange to get my email. This is our only option unless I use redirector and I do not want to go there yet.

IMAP is working quite well for email and calendar for the most part, but I noticed when I get a calendar event sent to my BB it is somehow automatically added to my calendar even if I do not accept the event. To make matters worse if I decline on my desktop then later sync my calendar with DM, the event I never wanted will attempt to get added back to my desktop and the exchange server.

Sorry if this is not very clear but what I would really like to do is one of 3 things:

1) Not automatically accept calendar events when they come in.

2) Filter out calender invites from coming in to the BB at all

3) Not sync the calendar from the BB to desktop but only sync from Outlook to the BB.

They are listed in order of preference and I have not figured out how to do any of them at this point.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

eputnam no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: IMAP Calendar Sync

Hi BBRoy,
    There's an article (I guess that I can't link out of this forum) at about some similar functionality that might help you. You could sync your Local calendar up to Google's Calendar, and then sync with your Blackberry OTA. With GCal and their new Blackberry Sync tool, you should be able to customize for the options that you are looking for.

Cheers,
    Evan

Quote Originally Posted by eputnam View Post
    Hi BBRoy,
    There's an article (I guess that I can't link out of this forum) at about some similar functionality that might help you. You could sync your Local calendar up to Google's Calendar, and then sync with your Blackberry OTA. With GCal and their new Blackberry Sync tool, you should be able to customize for the options that you are looking for.

Cheers,
    Evan
    Hi Evan,

Thanks for the interesting idea. I may investigate that for my personal calendar but they would violate my company's policy for confidential information.

My current work around is that when I sync and a calendar event trys to be moved from BB to Outlook, I go find the even and delete from the BB.

Ok, I think I have a good workaround for my problem. Specfically my #3 above:

3) Not sync the calendar from the BB to desktop but only sync from Outlook to the BB.
    I had searched everywhere in DM for, help and online but was not using the correct terminology. The functionality I want is "Import". Basically this allows me to blast over the top of whatever is in the calendar on the BB with my Exchange entires.

So I can get IMAP calendar events OTA while I am out of the office and instead of the declined events migrating back to Exchange later when I get back to my computer I just write over everything.

Technically I guess I am not syncronizing but Import does not seem like the right terminology either. Took me 3 weeks to figure out I missed this at the beginning when I setup PIM.

BTW this also seems to have solved the DM crash issue that is very annoying. Right now I am clearing my calendar database everyday in the morning before syncronizing. I will not declare this fixed until I have a full week of no crash.

Lesson learned is not only read the documentation, but watch out for terminology.