Heres the deal... my laptop broke down, so Im stuck with an older PC at ... RIM Desktop Software forum

rascon no está en línea Stack level 1

I need help with Pearl

Advertisement

Heres the deal... my laptop broke down, so Im stuck with an older PC at home. It has Windows 98. I have the Pearl. Is there a blackberry Desktop Server that I can use so I can hook up my blackberry to it and use it as a modem. Everything I have seen points to OS 4.1 or higher and Windows 2000 or XP.
    I tried a couple, but it doesn't read my handset. It does appear to be charging though.

Please someone tell me that there is something I can do (short of getting a new computer)

Thanks!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: I need help with Pearl

There's no indication in your profile or your post as to what device you have - a critical piece of information!

You must use Desktop Manager 4.1 or later for the 8100 (Pearl) and later devices. Older versions of Desktop Manager - and in fact version 4.1 - should work under Win98 and with older devices.

All versions of Desktop Manager are available here, but I wouldn't go back further than version 3.6. ALSO, if you use a version older than 4.2 SP1, make sure you turn off all Date/Time sync - they're NOT DST 2007 compliant and will set the time incorrectly during the new DST periods.
    JerryD

I have the 8100 Pearl... Is that what you were asking? I installed 4.1 but when I plug it in to the computer, the system doesn't recognize - says handset not found.

If I go into the the properties of my computer, under hardware devices, there is a ? on the RIM Mass Storage or something along those lines, and it says no driver has been installed...

Wouldn't the 4.1 install come with the drivers? If not, where can I download the driver so my computer can recognize it?

Thanks!

any help please?

When I plug in blackberry to computer, windows 98 says it found new hardware (RIM Mass Storage) and is locating software for it, but it can't find the driver. Where can I find the driver that will make this work? Any help, greatly appreciated. Thanks!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Search for "How To Update OS When PC Does Not Recognize BB"

charmed no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7A06F63C

first you would need to verify what is the version of your handheld operating system and the version of your desktop manager. you can try repairing the software and any files and drivers missing weould get installed. thuis may be done by going to control panel- add or remove hardware-click on desktop manager and remove.
    an install sheiled wizard will open and propmt you if you want to remove or repair. the choose repair. reboot the computer and se if it works.

DLO73 no está en línea Stack level 1

i have the blackberry pearl 8100 and my trackball won't go down. i can go left & right with ease, but not down

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DLO73
    i have the blackberry pearl 8100 and my trackball won't go down. i can go left & right with ease, but not down
    Your trackball is probably just dirty. Check this post:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._pictures.html
    JerryD